Brighton (h) pre-match thread

Brighton (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the perfect chance to finally give Foden some minutes. If he isn’t starting games like this can’t see him getting many all season

Expecting quite a few changes for this. I’d say both fullbacks will be changed but That might be too much of a risk, depends how they’re both doing in training. kdb wasn’t on it against Bournemouth and he can’t play every single game so bench him. Upfront sterling and Aguero are shoe ins then it’s a toss up between Bernardo and mahrez. Ordinarily I’d caution against too many changes and Brighton aren’t as shit as they was last season but I think we’re such a smoothly operating machine now that we could change the entire 11 and it wouldn’t disjoint us much if at all.

Ederson
Cancelo
Stones(if fit otherwise otamendi)
Laporte
Angelino
Dinho
Foden
Silva
Mahrez
Aguero
Sterling

Bench bravo walker zinchenko Rodri gundogan kdb Bernardo

Expecting quite a few changes for this. I’d say both fullbacks will be changed but That might be too much of a risk, depends how they’re both doing in training. kdb wasn’t on it against Bournemouth and he can’t play every single game so bench him. Upfront sterling and Aguero are shoe ins then it’s a toss up between Bernardo and mahrez. Ordinarily I’d caution against too many changes and Brighton aren’t as shit as they was last season but I think we’re such a smoothly operating machine now that we could change the entire 11 and it wouldn’t disjoint us much if at all.

Ederson
Cancelo
Stones(if fit otherwise otamendi)
Laporte
Angelino
Dinho
Foden
Silva
Mahrez
Aguero
Sterling

Bench bravo walker zinchenko Rodri gundogan kdb Bernardo

We were far from that yesterday.

We were far from that yesterday.

Good point, What I meant was that we don’t rely on individuals so much, so a perceived lesser talented player could come in and do the role without much drop off as it’s the system that wins us games more often than not. As you say we were way off yesterday so the benchers should expect a look in provided they are doing the business in training.

This is the perfect chance to finally give Foden some minutes. If he isn’t starting games like this can’t see him getting many all season

Hm, after 3 of 60 matches played...
We still have 1 match per week and any player is capable.

As soon as we have CL and cup games every 3 days Phil will get his minutes and his starts. Pep loves him.

Me thinks he could replace KDB after an hour vs Brighton.

Last edited:
Best team to start and then make changes if we can get a decent lead. Done this in the past, started a weaker team and then had to bring on the big boys to sort it out? Strong team to start and then take it from there

Good point, What I meant was that we don’t rely on individuals so much, so a perceived lesser talented player could come in and do the role without much drop off as it’s the system that wins us games more often than not. As you say we were way off yesterday so the benchers should expect a look in provided they are doing the business in training.
Could go either way. Pep may want to get those key players who are not quite there up to speed before rotation

Screenshot-2.png

I'll go

Subs: Bravo, Otamendi, Fernandinho , Foden, Gundogan , Mahrez, Bernardo
(but I don’t think without Mendy Pep would ever play with back 3 lol . This is just a framework)

but deffo somebody should make a place for Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.