#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't seem to fully grasp our system yet... maybe he needs a run of games but its hard to displace the ever performing Bernardo
I think the fact that he played well in the first game of the season and then got benched anyway has again maybe sparked the thought that he needs to show what he can do in his limited minutes, hence the bit of greed, which is really the worst thing for Pep I'd say, he likes a team player, a hard worker etc.

That being said I thought he was unlucky to be dropped for the Spurs game but his 10 minute cameo in that game was poor and it wasn't a shock to see not in the team today.

I think the fact that he played well in the first game of the season and then got benched anyway has again maybe sparked the thought that he needs to show what he can do in his limited minutes, hence the bit of greed, which is really the worst thing for Pep I'd say, he likes a team player, a hard worker etc.

That being said I thought he was unlucky to be dropped for the Spurs game but his 10 minute cameo in that game was poor and it wasn't a shock to see not in the team today.

That's a fair counterpoint to what appears to be greediness, maybe he is trying too hard to impress in his limited minutes. Fair enough.

Was very good today. It's pretty unfortunate he can't do that off the bench as well because he could be such a weapon for us. Hopefully that consistency is the next step for him

Had a great game today: very team-oriented with his decision making, tracked back well when needed, and was involved in the build up for most of our attacks (either directly or indirectly).

Only way he could have improved on the day was getting a goal and/or assist, but those will come in droves if he continues to play like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.