Var debate 2019/20

Do you think that will happen? History suggests otherwise
No! What I actually think of the FA have thrashed together silly rules to try and introduce VAR too early. And instead of them getting the blame (which they should) VAR is. I still think it’s crap.

... he didn't go down though, he stayed on his feet.

Talk about agenda's, there is an agenda here against Liverpool re: VAR as if it has been implemented for their sole benefit. Don't be so silly. VAR is highly controvertial and where it works against one team, it benefits another, so why no agenda that it is being used to aid others clubs in avoiding relegation, or qualifying for Europe - whatever? Too many holes for it to be a one club conspiracy. Clubs across the board are being harshly affected by VAR which also equates to clubs across the board undeservedly benefitting from it too - Liverpool have not yet been one of them, either for or against. Cannot see how that equates to a conspiracy in their favour.

Jesus goal should have stood, but the new handball ruling scuppered that. All genuine penalties not given, regardless which team(s) are involved, is simply disgraceful. This is agreed upon by many fans of all clubs. VAR is an all inclusive supporters problem, not a Liverpool conspiracy agenda. Hate them as much as you like, but don't confuse the two.

Full disclosure, I support Liverpool. That said, I have no support for VAR when what is obvious to all, especially genuine penalty claims, is simply ignored.
Come back when you have had 2 goals ruled out ,2 pens and are dropping points,it's because you have not suffered anything compared to us that makes it suspect,you say it's not affected you,you are wrong,taking away our goals and not giving pens IS helping you,your games have not been touched by var,everyone elses has been,another deluded fucking dipper

Last edited:
"All will be fine with VAR, it just needs to settle in. Once we get used to it, blah, blah, blah." Seems we're not alone in thinking it's utter dogshit:
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...h-goals-var-controversy-and-sinisa-mihajlovic

But what can we do? TV love it, TV viewers love it and the fans at the match think it's shit. I know who'll be the winner in that contest. And it ain't the match-going fan.
We HAVE to put a stop to this bullshit.

Var has not over turned any penalty decision (yet) as I’ve repeated a thousand times. For any team. In any match.

That’s why it’s useless rather than bent.
What a fucking ridiculous post, that stat itself shows it’s bent. If VAR was “useless” then we wouldn’t all 100% know that Rodri and Silva were absolutely nailed on penalties, there’s not a single pundit or opposition fan that’s said anything different, just 1 man, the Head of VAR.

If “incorrect” decisions are still made despite video evidence being present then it can’t be anything other than bent.

It’s like blaming CCTV for the lack of arrests at Anfield after the mickey’s bricked our coach, that’s not useless, that’s a corrupt police service.

I don’t have any problem at all with them using VAR to rule on offsides. So what if its not 100% accurate due to frame speeds ? It’s still more accurate than a human being trying to look at two different places at the same time. They probably should introduce a small margin for error. There’s also an issue with offsides near the halfway line, whether to raise the flag or keep it down. I’m in favour of keeping it down, but there will circumstances when an offside pass doesn’t lead to an immediate goal but creates pressure eg a corner leading to a goal. And there will be controversy over whether players are active or not. But overall VAR will lead to many more correct offside decisions.

They’ve clearly set the bar too high for penalty reviews. It seems to me to be a cultural thing, refs not wanting to overrule their colleagues. There needs to be a review of the guidelines given to VAR officials. Although they had better make it clear that new guidelines have been introduced otherwise it will fuel conspiracy theorists if they start awarding penalties for similar challenges to those on Rodri, Silva, Kane etc
So what if it is not 100% accurate??? we are sold that VAR is more accurate than the human eye,the raz one they have admitted they can't get it right because of the equipement they are using,they can't be sure when the ball was released BUT they gave it anyway,they had no right giving it

All we need to do, is sit back and wait for the moment VAR doesn’t go in Liverpool’s favour, and then it’ll all be changed.
They will surely suffer from Vat at some stage of the season and then await petitions galore and campaign by the Echo to get bad decision (s) overruled.

Dippers won't suffer tho from var they will get decisions go against them, but only when they are safely ahead and a decision against them won't cost them. In fact it will be good for them cos it will muddy the statistics record and they can legitimately cry and say the world's against them .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.