Taking kids to City game

If/when you take them a word of advice. My dad took me to Maine Road when I was about 5 about 1955, not sure when, sat me on the wall behind the goal at the scoreboard end. Remember he didn't pay as he took me in with him and I was allowed to duck under the turnstile. Someone scored but don't have a clue who, just know it was a City player at our end.

My point is record it. Get a programme, put in the team and who scored any goals etc. Watch the team arrive. Perhaps record the game at home and keep it safe. Regret to this day I don't know the details of my first game. Just remember it was a great day out with my dad and, of course, I was hooked.

I'm taking my daughter against Brighton. She's almost 6 so I'm hoping she'll be OK.

We've taken her to shows and pantomimes and never had a problem. She's also really excited to go.

I’d say 7/8 for first game and even then they will get bored unless they’re a football nut, might be easier with City though as we do score a lot of goals
I agree. A bloke behind me took a kid who looked about 4 to a few games. The kid was excited at the start of a game but lost concentration after about 15 min, kept asking when he could go to get some sweets. Eventually he stopped coming. I heard his dad say “he couldn’t get into it”. What did he expect? A potential fan lost.

Want to take my daughter to her first City game soon, she's nearly 4, is it too young?

My daughter went home games from 3 months, her first away was the Southampton centurions match!

Bring an iPad, snacks etc. to keep her amused

They are a pain in the arse under about 8 . They get bored so they just kick the seat in front of them, usually with me sitting in it. They are constantly up and down. They ruin the match for whoever they are with and anyone sat within 3 seats of them either way. Get a babysitter.

Its not always an option though

Do the family stand in a cheap cup match. They'll get a flag to wave, some sweets and probably see Moonchester. I've done a few with my two, and they ask when we can go back. I can't tell them £150 for a family is too much for 1 match.

QPR fan here treating my son to the Watford game, question is do you get to see the players entering the ground before the game?

Forget the waiting around to see the bus - got poor reviews from my kids. Hell of a lot of waiting around, three deep and they walk straight through a line of competition winners (at some pace and with headphones on).

Head to the Academy family day instead - loads to do, loads of competitions and activities and a proper experience of the whole setup.

Want to take my daughter to her first City game soon, she's nearly 4, is it too young?

I’ve got a daughter that turns 5 in December.
I’ve been wanting to take her for a while but waiting for the right game. I took her to the parade after last season and she loved it. So may try this season with her for a Saturday 3pm.

I was thinking of maybe taking her to a women’s game first though to see how she’d be. So I’m gonna take her to the women’s derby to see what she’s like at that first.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.