Empty Seats - Away this time

Does anyone else think that ticket allocation via loyalty points is a bit outdated. Why do certain people always get first dabs. Who is to say a season ticket holder for 15 years is more loyal than one who has had a ticket for say 10 years who has no chance of getting an away ticket. You cannot walk to the front of the queue in a supermarket with a loyalty card , why should football be any different. The away tickets always go to the same people. Perhaps the time has come to offer away tickets to all season cardholders by way of a ballot for each match.. It would certainly boost season card sales if there was a chance to get away tickets.

Certain people get first dabs because for the last 20 years, including many years when we were shit, they followed City home and away. The club measured the level of 'commitment' of these people by putting a system in place ...

I haven't the strength to go on any more, but I will try to explain to you the difference between supporting a football club and doing the weekly shop; if you are unhappy with the service that Tesco provide you are perfectly entitled to take your custom elsewhere, this isn't an option with the team you support - you stick with them through thick and thin.

I just remembered I need to buy a loaf (thick cut) - can't imagine why that came to me while reading your post.

Does anyone else think that ticket allocation via loyalty points is a bit outdated. Why do certain people always get first dabs. Who is to say a season ticket holder for 15 years is more loyal than one who has had a ticket for say 10 years who has no chance of getting an away ticket. You cannot walk to the front of the queue in a supermarket with a loyalty card , why should football be any different. The away tickets always go to the same people. Perhaps the time has come to offer away tickets to all season cardholders by way of a ballot for each match.. It would certainly boost season card sales if there was a chance to get away tickets.
Utter nonsense, loads of games go to any season ticket holder, I think from memory there was 13 last season. The big games always go to the same people, because those are the people who went to the likes of Rotherham, Walsall and grimsby and they are the ones who are at Newcastle and Swansea on a midweek game. The day a ballot comes in I won't be going to the above games and Many likely me will be the same, then they'll be hundreds there. We've earnt the right to be at the head of the queue through our loyalty.

Does anyone else think that ticket allocation via loyalty points is a bit outdated. Why do certain people always get first dabs. Who is to say a season ticket holder for 15 years is more loyal than one who has had a ticket for say 10 years who has no chance of getting an away ticket. You cannot walk to the front of the queue in a supermarket with a loyalty card , why should football be any different. The away tickets always go to the same people.

Someone who has had a season ticket for 10 years is able to go to multiple away games as has been pointed out multiple times on this and on similar threads. The reason they may not be aware of this, or have any understanding of how the system works is perhaps they only attempt to buy a ticket when we are playing united or Liverpool and the tickets are understandably out of their reach.

Utter nonsense, loads of games go to any season ticket holder, I think from memory there was 13 last season. The big games always go to the same people, because those are the people who went to the likes of Rotherham, Walsall and grimsby and they are the ones who are at Newcastle and Swansea on a midweek game. The day a ballot comes in I won't be going to the above games and Many likely me will be the same, then they'll be hundreds there. We've earnt the right to be at the head of the queue through our loyalty.
Wasting your time mate. They just don't get it. They want what we have and they want it NOW.

Now through theit moaning they will never catch us, how fucking funny is that :)

I think I've written this on the Away Tickets thread about Bournemouth away last season where me and my 2 mates I went with had tickets in 3 different parts of the away end, we saw a load of empties on the right handside near the home fans so stood there. Must have been 30 empty seats. Similar the season before for the Wigan FA Cup game, but Aguero's Dad and son were stood in the same area - I'm guessing these are the 5% internal tickets. One would presume that none of the players family fancied this one.

As a side note, I got a ticket as I had the intention to go, but last week I had an issue with my car which has cost me a bit so I sold my ticket on for face value to a friend. So in theory I could do that all season, so the non awarding of points does not stop "whoring" does it?

I would question your eyesight, lots of tourists there.
I’ll happily take your word for it , I was down the front row E , didn’t see any “ Japanese tourist “ types , I go to every away match and always see plenty of tourists but from where I was , none around me on Sunday

I’ll happily take your word for it , I was down the front row E , didn’t see any “ Japanese tourist “ types , I go to every away match and always see plenty of tourists but from where I was , none around me on Sunday
There was definitely one. Saw him at half time down at the front

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.