Bluemoon Angling Thread

I would love to catch a bass from the rocks on a lure. Living inland in the north really limits your sea fishing options.

Had a wonderful day on the Warwickshire Avon yesterday. Fished between 09.30 and 16.00 hrs, which given the blazing sun wasn't ideal. Indeed, fishing was poor with millions of small dace and roach on the maggot as soon as it hit the water but that was all the bait I had. Caught some good perch though around the half pound mark. Didn't see another soul all day, just swans and kingfishers, buzzards and the usual wildlife. The lack of wear on the bankside suggests that this stretch isn't fished too often.

I'm gearing up for retirement now, exploring the waters around my house in Warwick. When I bring down my 1st string tackle from Manchester, I expect to get some decent fish. I believe there are good barbel in that stretch of the Avon.

Also joined Shipston on Stour Anglers with a view to expanding my blanking repertoire to the river Stour.

Next weekend, it's an overnight quest for a two pound roach on my mate's syndicate water in Shropshire whilst he tries to add to his one carp in 3 years.

So much fishing to do. So little time. Roll on 1st November.
Are you going to try some fly fishing when you retire mate? The big English reservoirs are fabulous. Draycote, Grafham, Eyebrook and my absolute favourite Rutland. A big ‘bow’ or ‘brown’ from any of those waters will certainly give your string a good pull.

Just back from a day salmon fishing on the Wye....
Or practicing Spey casting to be more precise.

Canoes by the hundred, free swimmers, body boarders, and not a single salmon in any of the pools on the entire 2 beats.

It's just soul destroying.

Are you going to try some fly fishing when you retire mate? The big English reservoirs are fabulous. Draycote, Grafham, Eyebrook and my absolute favourite Rutland. A big ‘bow’ or ‘brown’ from any of those waters will certainly give your string a good pull.

I certainly am. The mate I'm going to the carp syndicate water with on Friday is an avid fly fisherman mainly sea trout and salmon and he needs someone to accompany him on those spooky nights after sea trout (a sure sign we're getting old).

He hooked a salmon the other day on the Ribble but it got off. Think he's had a couple this year if I'm not mistaken.

Just back from a day salmon fishing on the Wye....
Or practicing Spey casting to be more precise.

Canoes by the hundred, free swimmers, body boarders, and not a single salmon in any of the pools on the entire 2 beats.

It's just soul destroying.

I've spent 8 days barbel fishing on the Wye this year and haven't seen a salmon. 4 or 5 years ago we saw them all the time.

I've spent 8 days barbel fishing on the Wye this year and haven't seen a salmon. 4 or 5 years ago we saw them all the time.
A few of the members have given up on the salmon and have been hammering the barbel.
A few others have just given up!
It's the worst salmon season I have ever known... and unless the tossers change there minds and allow us to re open the SNR project it's not going to get any better.

Got back from a couple of days "camping" at my mate's syndicate water. He managed a carp for a change...11lbs. I've had bigger from the canal on maggot.

Odd incident on the second night. We set 3 rods on alarms with the remote under my bed on high volume and retired for the night. At 4 o'clock my mate got up for a piss and checked the rods. All in order.

Got up at 7 and one of the droppers was off the line. Turned out the rig and line, carefully placed by bait boat,was now deeply embedded in a lily bed 30 yards from where it had been dropped. Not a peep on the alarm. We were using some optonics we've bought to leave out in Portugal in October because my mate had forgotten the remote for the delkims.

All this technical stuff does my head in. Think I'll stick to a float and use night time for sleeping not fishing.

I would love to catch a bass from the rocks on a lure. Living inland in the north really limits your sea fishing options.

If you ever get down to Kent let me know , although I may be moving to Cornwall soon!

For me sea fishing from the shore is so bad now due to the lack of fish , that lure fishing for Bass is the only thing that gets the juices going

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.