Var debate 2019/20

Daily Fail confirming Pigmol will not revise attitude to pitchside monitor reviews, eg to not use them...

Reiterating happy to listen to constructive comments at their meeting with PL Clubs in September......

Any VAR official instructing ref to pitchside review will be reffing at Hough End the following weekend

Daily Fail confirming Pigmol will not revise attitude to pitchside monitor reviews, eg to not use them...

Reiterating happy to listen to constructive comments at their meeting with PL Clubs in September......

Any VAR official instructing ref to pitchside review will be reffing at Hough End the following weekend

That'd be an upgrade for most of them.

this has been mentioned before but its spot on

because of the way we play and the amount of possesion esp in the attaking third and teams setting up their defence on the 18yd line we will alway be the subject of more VAR enquires.

utd were also denied a clear penalty on Martial as well....spurs were denied theirs as well -
Why try to keep up the narrative that Martial was a clear penalty? Even the press left it because it’s clearly not a penalty, just the bellend at the wheel still claiming it is. The defender releases his grip of Martial outside the box, there’s absolutely no evidence to support your claim, just like there was no evidence Laporte 100% definitively handballed it. Another poster with the same narrative tried to show us the defender was still pulling his arm in the box, despite the picture showing neither players arms.

If you actually believe Martial’s was a penalty, why aren’t you also including Laporte’s arms being pulled by the Spurs player before the so called “handball”?

If you’re going to pursue your bullshit narrative, at least keep it balanced.

I was in favour of VAR. My view was that the less decisions that are left to the referee and his linesmen the better. I thought that the less human intervention the better but what I've witnessed so far is that despite the technology clearly showing (or being able to show) evidence that shows clearly that a foul has been committed (Rodri & Silva) the punishment still hasn't been dished out. In the case of the Silva penalty, the technology was actually used but how they come to the conclusion that it wasn't a foul is beyond me and decisions like that are making it a complete farce.

At the moment decisions seem to still be up to a human and their decision as to whether the evidence via VAR is used, ignored or both.

Shouldn't we have had an explanation as to why David Silva wasn't awarded a penalty? There must be a reason after the reviewed the incident why it wasn't awarded. Did they believe he dived or over exaggerated the contact? Not all contact means it's a foul does it? Nobody explainng why is a big problem.

I was in favour of VAR. My view was that the less decisions that are left to the referee and his linesmen the better. I thought that the less human intervention the better but what I've witnessed so far is that despite the technology clearly showing (or being able to show) evidence that shows clearly that a foul has been committed (Rodri & Silva) the punishment still hasn't been dished out. In the case of the Silva penalty, the technology was actually used but how they come to the conclusion that it wasn't a foul is beyond me and decisions like that are making it a complete farce.

At the moment decisions seem to still be up to a human and their decision as to whether the evidence via VAR is used, ignored or both.

Shouldn't we have had an explanation as to why David Silva wasn't awarded a penalty? There must be a reason after the reviewed the incident why it wasn't awarded. Did they believe he dived or over exaggerated the contact? Not all contact means it's a foul does it? Nobody explainng why is a big problem.
I think the problem was David fell to the ground instead of hopping around on 1 leg holding his foot

better yet, make it a requirement of membership of the premier league to have a VAR screen for fans to view, it the red shite are strapped for cash, I have a spare 37 inch I can let them have cheap
Tell them City are in for it though and Ed will soon find an extra 5k for it, you'll clean up.

I've a great idea for football
LEAVE IT AS IT FUCKING WAS, it wasn't broken, it is now, leave the technology out of football, except goal line technology, We all know what offside is,we all know a handball when we see one, don't take the passion and emotion out of the game, or there will be no game left, people who wanted VAR should be put on a train given sleeping tablets then slapped awake fucking shithouses

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.