Parking Charge Notice advice

After all this time I have now received a summons for Northampton County Court. I sent £25 to cover the cost of my stay as suggested by johnnytapia but this was returned. What I would like to know is can the court be changed to a local one as Civil Enforcement are in Liverpool and I am in Stockport and can I claim to admit the £25 I sent at this stage. Any advice appreciated.

What was the outcome of this?

What I find more annoying about PCNs is the fact that the DVLA are able to sell our private information to companies for a profit. This just seems wrong especially in this day and age of GDPR. I don't remember agreeing to let them do this when I passed my driving test back in the 80s.

What I find more annoying about PCNs is the fact that the DVLA are able to sell our private information to companies for a profit. This just seems wrong especially in this day and age of GDPR. I don't remember agreeing to let them do this when I passed my driving test back in the 80s.
DVLA have been doing this for many years so I assume it would have been challenged in court by now. Does GDPR add an extra element to the issue?

Conservatives eh. What are they like? They'll sell the shirt off your back to line their pockets

I get that some companies try it on as they are doing with the OP but in other cases just stick to the rules. If it says £3 to park for an hour, either pay the £3 or park somewhere else. If you pay for an hour then come and get your car within the hour. Some just bring the trouble on themselves.

I get that some companies try it on as they are doing with the OP but in other cases just stick to the rules. If it says £3 to park for an hour, either pay the £3 or park somewhere else. If you pay for an hour then come and get your car within the hour. Some just bring the trouble on themselves.

LOL .... £3 an hour? you obviously don't live in the south.... I could take you to a car park that charges £10 an hour ... (only in the UK can it cost you more to park for an hour than you can earn in an hour)

In fact there's a car park in Leeds City Centre that charges £35 for a day.

This is why people take risks

They even sell it abroad.
I got home from a France jolly to find a speeding tkt on my doorstep.
Fair cop, hands up.
Interestingly unlike dealing with normal French bureaucracy it was written in perfect English with loads of easy ways to pay on line.

Is it worth appealing these ?

I used a carpark at St Micheals Mount Cornwall. The ones were it takes your picture on the way in and out, you pay before you leave. I went to the machine followed the instructions, the machine seemed to have trouble in taking the contactless payment, but after about 5 goes the screen flashed up, Thank you for your stay or something like that, so i guessed it had taken payment as i have never used these machines before.

This morning i get a 100quid fine for not paying, i made every effect to pay and thought i had paid. I have read so much shit about these type companies ( Inital Parking ) . Is it worth the effort or just pay the 60quid and call them all the names under the sun ?

Is it worth appealing these ?

I used a carpark at St Micheals Mount Cornwall. The ones were it takes your picture on the way in and out, you pay before you leave. I went to the machine followed the instructions, the machine seemed to have trouble in taking the contactless payment, but after about 5 goes the screen flashed up, Thank you for your stay or something like that, so i guessed it had taken payment as i have never used these machines before.

This morning i get a 100quid fine for not paying, i made every effect to pay and thought i had paid. I have read so much shit about these type companies ( Inital Parking ) . Is it worth the effort or just pay the 60quid and call them all the names under the sun ?
I have very recent experience of this - see attached.

I parked this hired campervan, and paid using the app I had already installed on my phone. Unfortunately, only my car was registered on the app, and I forgot to change this to the campervan when I parked. I ended up with a £100 fine as a consequence, reduced to £60 if paid promptly.

Using the appeal form on their website, I explained what had happened. They rejected the appeal, saying it was my fault, but reduced the payable amount to £20, which in effect covered their admin charges. I thought this was a very fair outcome, since I caused them those admin costs, so I paid the £20. All resolved within 24 hours of me getting the notification.

So, yes, I would appeal. I found Initial Parking to be very reasonable when the circumstances were explained to them.
24ff77fca604b8ec41588e2c5c1f08d8.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.