Bury fans club AFC start a new life in NWCL

I`ve been saying it for years and I firmly believe the only way forward for all existing FL Teams is to revert back to the old North & South Leagues.
The costings saved on just one area, transport over a season, may not seem much to you or I,but in the grand scheme of things multiply those numbers by 23 and how the fuck do teams from the bottom two tiers of the EFL even exist.
If the Football League are stupid enough to think otherwise then they are fucking morons.

When it comes to football governance this is too often the default.

There are two kinds of owners ;- the ones that provide the club with a firm financial base and the ones that just let the club go to rack and ruin, unfortunately the governing authorities seem to welcome in the latter and try to run the former out of town.

I`ve been saying it for years and I firmly believe the only way forward for all existing FL Teams is to revert back to the old North & South Leagues.
The costings saved on just one area, transport over a season, may not seem much to you or I,but in the grand scheme of things multiply those numbers by 23 and how the fuck do teams from the bottom two tiers of the EFL even exist.
If the Football League are stupid enough to think otherwise then they are fucking morons.
OK, question to the FOCs on here. When the FL changed from 3rd Division North and 3rd Division South to 3rd and 4th divisions in 1958, was this fully supported by the clubs?
Long distance travel was probably more of a pain in those days as the first motorway had only just open, but I assume the rail network was larger.

Very sad day. The statement from C & N didn't help as it painted an extremely complicated picture and would have put off any sensible late bidders but it was probably too late anyway.

Hope the club can start afresh.

Depressing, yes, very depressing. Tragic, no.

Tragic means to cause distrress and great sorrow so for Bury fans it is tragic.

If we would have lost to gillingham and spent another season or two in the 3rd division, there is a chance we would have gone the route of many clubs and took years too revive ourselves or go bust.

There are always risks involved in managing any business but what has happened at these two clubs is just madness.

This isn't about risks when it comes to these ****s.

These businessmne prey on clubs in difficulty, buy them cheap, secure loans and payments knowing full well they will go into administeation and they will not have to pay a penny back, all the while they , in some cases have a nice bit of property to sell on or lease back to the club for more profit.

It is a clear business stratergy, but not one based around the club becoming a successful entity.

Too many owners are in it for ego and quick cash geab, it is very rare you get, for example a Coates family that took Stoke when they were on their arse and going bust and invest witht he aim of saving them and putting them on decent footing.

The light they have is that they are not dead yet as a club, just out of the league, maybe this bellend will now cut his losses and sell and they can work their way back up through the non leagues.

Calling all Bury fans.... there’s another club not too far away that just so happen to be the best team in the land and all the world! Come and watch us play we play beautiful football you’ll feel like you’ve died and gone to heaven and you’ll forget all about your old club

In his interview with 5 Live, Dale stated he wasn't a football person, had never been to Bury and never had any intention of doing so.

Just another day in business eh?

Shocking.

Very sad news... lots of issues here. The owner clearly wasn’t fit to run a football club and the efl failed to recognise that or do anything about it

Another one in my opinion is that too many people in bury don’t go and support their local side and instead only watch city or united. Stockport county my local side get crowds of 5,000 and have the support to help the club

Calling all Bury fans.... there’s another club not too far away that just so happen to be the best team in the land and all the world! Come and watch us play we play beautiful football you’ll feel like you’ve died and gone to heaven and you’ll forget all about your old club

I know that comment might not be completely serious but there are plenty of so-called 'football fans' that think exactly like that.

Proper Bury (and other lower league) fans are the complete opposite of that in terms of sentiment and that is a credit to them. Therefore, I don't think that comment is very welcome at all.

Very sad news... lots of issues here. The owner clearly wasn’t fit to run a football club and the efl failed to recognise that or do anything about it

Another one in my opinion is that too many people in bury don’t go and support their local side and instead only watch city or united. Stockport county my local side get crowds of 5,000 and have the support to help the club
On the odd occasion I've been in Bury the football shirt I've seen the most is Littlewoods, it seems that they're not even losing fans to local sides.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.