United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recon the Wolves manager will be taking home more money than Ole. They like expensive players but the most important cog in the machine is an Aldi buy. Cardiff fans prefer Neil Warnock to him, that tells you all you need to know.

Accepted , but the Wolves manager probably deserves whatever he is paid , whilst OGS ................................

Great watch for City supporters though.

MgT34RR.jpgI'm not in today mate, been up half the night with the shits n feel crap. Sorry .

Ahahahahahahahahahaha, but at least he rejected City eh?
Noticed that, typical Mail to get in he snubbed us for a more lucrative contract when the facts are we pulled out as we did not value him for the wages he was after. And again why with the 400k a week, its over 500K which has been reported by many media outlets.

Why are sky contradicting all other reports saying rags will contribute 6 million wages ...all others saying 16 million ?

Who knows, because Sky’s ‘calculations’ of the rags input plus Inter’s amounts to £10.5m which ‘only’ equates to around £260k per week.

What I want to know is....who the fuck is paying the OTHER £140,000 per WEEK to him?

Noticed that, typical Mail to get in he snubbed us for a more lucrative contract when the facts are we pulled out as we did not value him for the wages he was after. And again why with the 400k a week, its over 500K which has been reported by many media outlets.

'Wages' aren't a set figure as such. What gets quoted is whatever the outlet thinks helps their story. In this case (as far as I can make out) it goes something like:
per week -
basic takehome (after deductions) = £400k
bonuses, image rights etc = £100k
costs to United as employer = 40k

This is simplified, and I haven't included the alleged weekly payment to his agent!

So 'serious' media outlets quote the basic as, strictly speaking, that's correct. Most want to hype the story so quote the 'possible' figure of £500k (basic + bonuses etc). Anybody stating the cost to the club needs to include those costs to bring it to £440k - £540k.

So figures quoted should vary as different media are coming at this from different angles, leaving the likes of the BBC getting abuse for using lower figures, and a raft of stories from elsewhere which rely on words like 'up to', 'rising to' and 'as much as'... But most media isn't about reporting facts and where's the entertainment value in the truth?

In short, reports of wages are about as reliable as transfer costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.