EFL (Carabao Cup) Draw. (Preston Away)

Agreed. Pep's clear strategy has always been "to go for every trophy." He has repeatedly said that winning the League Cup early gives momentum for the rest of the season. He has stated many times that the Champs League is a cup where anything can happen so it is wrong to put all your eggs in one basket. He doesn't do friendlies. The last manager we had who tried to prioritise things was Stuart Pearce. That turned out well!
Don't forget Pell who got us a 5-0 tonking at Chelsea playing the C team in the FA cup I believe though ...

I think he did that to fuck over the FArce and the TV shower who wouldn't change the date of the tie when we had a European game looming.
Apparently it was also because he’d just been told that if we reached the semi finals of the FA cup we would playing PL matches on the Tuesday and Thursday in the final week of the season

Don't forget Pell who got us a 5-0 tonking at Chelsea playing the C team in the FA cup I believe though ...
Yes but that was a bit different because of the match TV coverage timing he had little choice because we had to travel to Europe within 24 hours for another game. The BBC screwed us on that one and then slagged us off as I recall.

Having been living in exile down here for a while now, as usual I'm selfishly praying for an uninterrupted run of London based away games in all cup competitions. Annihilating some of the bigger teams outside the Prem would be even better - Milwall, Charlton, QPR, Fulham, Brentford - both consolidating City's complete dominance over London football and widening the number of workmates I get to take the piss out of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.