Bolton (sold to Football Ventures)

Real shame here and at Bury, but as others have said inevitable. Needs to be more accountability imo.

Out of interest, who'd watch if someone like Amazon, Netflix or even a free to view channel bought up the rights to league one and two footy and showed matches? Either directly competing with sky and bt on kick off times, or weekday evenings?

For those of us without sky sports subscriptions, would cheap or free access to lower league football be preferable to £30 plus per month when it's Brighton vs Sheff Utd?

No offence to either but I'd probably choose the local lower division team game for free or as part of my subscription elsewhere. Would it give the lower division clubs any notable boost in income at all?

It may well effect their physical attendances, but overall would it bring in more money per club, and at least raise awareness of the game in the lower leagues?

If this is a serious post I think you should be ashamed of yourself. We are talking about over a hundred years of history and what that means to fans, the towns etc- and all you can talk about is petty npeople sense trying to equate City having a crap period with the potential DEATH of a famous 2 clubs.

I didn't read his post like that. I thought he dodn't like the Chairman that kicked us when we were down but has every sympathy for the club and fans.

I’ll be so sad if Bolton fold, my late grandfather supported them all his life. He got to see the new stadium and them get into the PL just before he passed. They’ve always been a bit of a second team to me

Real shame here and at Bury, but as others have said inevitable. Needs to be more accountability imo.

Out of interest, who'd watch if someone like Amazon, Netflix or even a free to view channel bought up the rights to league one and two footy and showed matches? Either directly competing with sky and bt on kick off times, or weekday evenings?

For those of us without sky sports subscriptions, would cheap or free access to lower league football be preferable to £30 plus per month when it's Brighton vs Sheff Utd?

No offence to either but I'd probably choose the local lower division team game for free or as part of my subscription elsewhere. Would it give the lower division clubs any notable boost in income at all?

It may well effect their physical attendances, but overall would it bring in more money per club, and at least raise awareness of the game in the lower leagues?

Ifollow deal does this midweek now an international weekends but it is £10, people outsie the BI get to watch all games cheaper.

Being Bolton born and bred, seen a fair few games home and away with Bolton, and i guess i could call them a second team if i had one, but for me its always been City. That said what they are going through i could never have imagined. Looking at the set up at Bolton, with the stadium etc you wouldn't have thought it possible . I'm less surprised by Bury's plight. Feel gutted for the fans and the communities of both clubs & towns. I think someomeone will come in for Bolton but they have a massive debt and the tax man will want his money no doubt, so the buyer will need deep pockets. A few years ago this could quite easily have been City. We are lucky at the moment to have the backing of the Sheik but there's a big 'if' lurking in the background. Football financing , sponsorship , tv deals , Prem vs Championship needs to be looked at, as i feel that this is just the thin end of the wedge. Perhaps there will be a thinning out and more clubs will be semi pro in future, but something needs to happen. Sad times

I was a season ticket holder at Bolton from 1972 until 2007. Now an armchair fan of football as a whole. Bolton overstretched themselves from 2005 onwards and especially the 4 seasons after Allardyce left. The appointment of 5 poor managers and excessive spending by Gartside started the sorry slide. Eddie Davies was somewhat naive giving Garstide such power but he was a soft touch. Relegation from the Premier league when staying up looked nailed on with 5 games to go was overseen by the inept Owen Coyle whose tactics, team choices and substitution were bizarre. Then they threw everything at getting back up in the following two seasons and probably had the best squad in the championship but in Coyle and Freedman they backed the inept. After that Davies money had almost run out and he stopped funding the club.

Sadly I see no future for Bolton.

It’s such a shame.

4 time FA Cup winners and a club that’s spent the 12th most amount of years in the top flight out of all clubs in the country (73 years... to put that into perspective West Ham have spent 63 years in the top flight, Forest 53 and Leeds 50).

And yet they could be no more.

I remember going to see Bolton as a one off in 1975. Bank holiday I think. They were playing Sunderland at Burden and won, and there were over 40,000 in the ground. BFS played centre-half.

To think they have gone from that, to this.
i was there too, also went to the old Roker at Easter , i think the same season, another massive crowd, they had a big rivalry with Sunderland in the late 70's. ALso was there for frank Worthington's goal. One of the best i've seen

I was a season ticket holder at Bolton from 1972 until 2007. Now an armchair fan of football as a whole. Bolton overstretched themselves from 2005 onwards and especially the 4 seasons after Allardyce left. The appointment of 5 poor managers and excessive spending by Gartside started the sorry slide. Eddie Davies was somewhat naive giving Garstide such power but he was a soft touch. Relegation from the Premier league when staying up looked nailed on with 5 games to go was overseen by the inept Owen Coyle whose tactics, team choices and substitution were bizarre. Then they threw everything at getting back up in the following two seasons and probably had the best squad in the championship but in Coyle and Freedman they backed the inept. After that Davies money had almost run out and he stopped funding the club.

Sadly I see no future for Bolton.

Gartside.
Hmmm, a lot of people would have a lot of questions to have asked him....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.