Do you remember the first City game you ever attended.

1956 v Rags at OT, lost 2-0
1957 v Newcastle at Maine Road FAC 3rd round replay, lost 5-4 after extra time.
Started off as a jinx, it did get better, then it got worse, but I stuck with it, and am now privileged to see the best ever.

City 4 Leicester 2

I was 6. My Dad bought me one of those mint 80s style scarves that had MANCHESTER CITY across it with two Union Flags at either end. And I wore that same scarf against Leicester last season as it was such a big defining game.

I don’t remember it clearly but I do remember my dad wrapping me up in his great big coat to keep me warm and I fell asleep.
Fantastic memory

The first one I really remember was the gillingham final

Cambridge at home the last game of season 83/84. 5-0 win my grandad said the obvious. It's not like this every week you know. How right and now wrong he was.

I also went to a charity game maybe a testimonial just after this I think. Or before the following season. City all stars v someone. Remember Mike Sweeney coming on and getting loads of stick. I seem to remember a some of the team from 68 played. Do we anyone remember this or got have any details?

Can remember who we played, but not sure on year. Was West Ham at Upton Park circa 1965/66.
I think we lost 2-1, but not sure as spent a lot of the game playing football with a tin can. I'd have been 4 or 5.
Couldn't see much and the place was rammed. Had to give dad's shoulders a rest sometime.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.