Empty Seats - Away this time

Why the assumption that only northerners can have high points.
Maybe southerners drive 400 plus for every home game and have accumulated points over a period of time.

Read my post again and you will see I was just wondering why there was a high proportion of Southern accents amongst those interviewed by Cheesey. There could be any number of reasons how they got their tickets. I didn't make any assumption perhaps you are the one doing that.

It might be just me early in the morning but your post seems to have a contentious edge. Having given more thought to it I think that it is a pretty fair assumption that unless a club is a United or a Liverpool that most fans are local, that most season ticket holders are local and that most of the home and away fans are local too. Most not all.

Thank you for drawing my attention to supporting City from a distance but I have the t shirt. For 20 years the nearest I lived to City was in NW7 and I still managed to see every singe match in a season including Newcastle on a Wednesday night.

Let me put you all right on this.
No need to "name and shame". The club knows whose tickets they are . They belong to players. They are given a number of tickets comps and are also allow to buy,yes buy. Its usually for their families,its been going on at all clubs from the year dot.
If their aunt Helga from wherever doesnt pitch then we have an empty seat, a full family or two then its an empty row,and so on.
Now in case its escaped your notice we now have a multi national squad, they will have teams at home they will be fans of, not au fait with etiquette in our stadiums they in all innocence bring their scarves. Good on em.

As for livetickets etc of course they dont have tickets ,they source them once you have coughed up. Which has already be said on here many times.
So quit the witch-hunt of OSC's, PB or anyone else for that matter.

Go tell KDB he's not allowed to bring his kin folk.

You're not putting anyone right Bill. All we ask for is transparency in regards the allocation of seats as they are like Hens teeth these days. If that is a specific set of seats i think the City matters representative has a fair right to ask if there is a notable issue like opposite fans or an unusual volume of empty seats. This is nothing against OSC who i know do a good job. Kevin P does a good job helping many blues out last minute.

Yes, i get your point on player families but i think more effort should be made to fill a seat rather than block book 50~ seats to families if they are unlikely to turn up.
If a player can state 5-7 days before a game they dont require them then happy days. Release them back to general sale or via the OSC. Music bands do it all the time for concerts were X amount of tickets often go on sale 1-2 days before a concert because the band dont require them for family/team/production.

I know 13 odd games went on general sale and that last year but in this circumstance of Bank Holiday weekend on the south coast, decent KO time and small away end then demand is high and so is accountability.

You're not putting anyone right Bill. All we ask for is transparency in regards the allocation of seats as they are like Hens teeth these days. If that is a specific set of seats i think the City matters representative has a fair right to ask if there is a notable issue like opposite fans or an unusual volume of empty seats. This is nothing against OSC who i know do a good job. Kevin P does a good job helping many blues out last minute.

Yes, i get your point on player families but i think more effort should be made to fill a seat rather than block book 50~ seats to families if they are unlikely to turn up.
If a player can state 5-7 days before a game they dont require them then happy days. Release them back to general sale or via the OSC. Music bands do it all the time for concerts were X amount of tickets often go on sale 1-2 days before a concert because the band dont require them for family/team/production.

I know 13 odd games went on general sale and that last year but in this circumstance of Bank Holiday weekend on the south coast, decent KO time and small away end then demand is high and so is accountability.
most are comp tickets and can't be re-sold. no value on them. players just bin them i suppose.

Am I right in saying the players / club employees receive 5% of the allocation which at Bournemouth would have equated to 60 tickets?

In Madrid for the CL semi final Pellegrini niece and family were sat in front of me.

I cannot complain as I myself got my tickets via a player that day

What your forgetting is it is up to the Relationship Managers to screw the Corporates and the Sponsors for as much money as possible. They are not going to put any restrictions on them. Oh by the way, pay us a fortune to supports us but forget about any decent tickets, they go to the loyal point holders. It ain’t going to happen. The last thing on their mind is to offend a sponsor, their job depends on it. A normal fan with loyalty points is just a number among many. Loyalty does not increase profits. They will sell/give the tickets to the sponsor come what may, no questions asked. A good corporate sponsor is worth 500 fans so in reality who are they going to look after.
Modern football is rubbish!

Let me put you all right on this.
No need to "name and shame". The club knows whose tickets they are . They belong to players. They are given a number of tickets comps and are also allow to buy,yes buy. Its usually for their families,its been going on at all clubs from the year dot.
If their aunt Helga from wherever doesnt pitch then we have an empty seat, a full family or two then its an empty row,and so on.
Now in case its escaped your notice we now have a multi national squad, they will have teams at home they will be fans of, not au fait with etiquette in our stadiums they in all innocence bring their scarves. Good on em.

As for livetickets etc of course they dont have tickets ,they source them once you have coughed up. Which has already be said on here many times.
So quit the witch-hunt of OSC's, PB or anyone else for that matter.

Go tell KDB he's not allowed to bring his kin folk.

Do you really think aunty Helga is going to go to Bournemouth away and sit with the rabble and have to stand the whole game when she can sit in comfort in a box at the Etihad. ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.