Do you remember the first City game you ever attended.

Arsenal away 1974 I think and lost 3-0!!
My grandad who was a cockney took me trying to persuade me to be a gooner! Obviously he failed!

18/01/1975 beat the barcodes 5-1 Dennis Tueart hat-trick, Colin Bell and Geoff Hammond. Bought the programme for sentimental reasons in Mary D’s and stuck it in a drawer and forgot all about it. Went to a City do last year and Dennis was there. Remembered the programme the night before, turned the house upside down, very pissed off missus, cos I blamed her for moving it! Eventually found it and got Dennis to sign it. Prized possession now!

Blackpool at Maine Road on May 4 1963.

It was a dismal home defeat by 3-0. I should have been at the previous match which was an even bigger reverse to West Brom by 5-1 but was given dubious information about the bus travel.

The Blackpool match attracted a crowd of 19,602 including a decent-sized group of Tangerine-clad visiting supporters on the Scoreboard End.

The team was: Bert Trautmann, Bill Leivers, Bobby Kennedy, Alan Oakes, Alf Wood, David Shawcross, Colin Barlow, Peter Dobing, Alex Harley, Matt Gray, David Wagstaffe. It turned out to be Barlow’s last appearance for City.

Bristol City 1976 won 2-1
2nd game was Newcastle Boxing Day 1977 can’t believe it’s was so long in between my first two games !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.