Ex Liverpool player Dean Saunders let off on appeal P31

Absolute waste of public money jailing him. Far better to send him on an educational/rehabilitation course. Symptomatic of why our prison population is bursting at the seems. The likelihood of recidivism is also far greater now he has received a custodial sentence. He won't learn from it.

In court, the Judge said:

“Saunders, you have been found guilty of failing to give a specimen and refusing to have a breath test, have you got anything to say for yourself?”

Saunders “fuck all my Lord”

Judge to the recorder “what did he say?”

Recorder “fuck all my Lord”

Judge “ I could have swore I saw his lips move”.

The authorities should ban him for life from driving and chemically castrate him or something.

I think we’ll all sleep better knowing he’s off the road and off the radio for a while. Of course, there’s the legal challenge pending and a possible reduced sentence once banged up, if jailed. Which is our judicial system in play, so fair enough.

But talkSport’s top brass really should think very deeply as to whether he should be allowed back on to the airwaves not just from a corporate reputational perspective - as Sky TV clearly mulled over with Jamie Carragher’s ‘spitgate’ moment - but also whether as a pundit the Welsh
Wizard brings any tangible value to its ratings.

If the management team value ‘thick as mince’ drives click bait which equates to revenue, fair enough.

But as an occasional talkSport listener I’d like to see Saunders ditched for just a few reasons, legal issues aside.

Clueless, inept, worthless, myopic, lazy, inconsequential, tiresome, self-centred, deluded, jaundiced, out-moded, illiterate, rear-viewed.

That doesn’t read well on a c.v. Especially if someone has a criminal conviction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.