Do you remember the first City game you ever attended.

Grimsby at home in 1983. We won but can barely remember anything. Got Clive Wilson and Kevin Bond's autograph but I don't think either played on the day.

I do remember, whilst stood watching the game in The Kippax, two or three chippy supporters who took the piss out of our own players during the game. I thought it was hilarious. At subsequent games I would stand in a similar part of the terracing hoping to hear those same characters.

1968 Charity Shield v WBA 6-1.

Glory hunter. It was the season after we won the league.

Nope no idea. Was taken regularly long before I could start to remember going or anything for that matter. Think my earliest memory is sitting on top of one of the exits on the old kippax as it was the only place where I could see, we scored, celebrations got a bit wild and I was pushed off what seemed at the time to a very small boy like a bottomless pit of a drop. My cat like reflexes allowed me to land unharmed much to the amazement of everybody around me, walk back up and watch the rest of the match. No idea who we played but I stopped sitting on top of the exits after that.

Airdrie Texaco Cup 2-2 in 1971- my dads car got nicked in Moss Side=he wished we had left early!
I remember as a 8 year old being offered something like 5x the value of the programme by an Airdrie fan inside the ground as we'd not printed anywhere near enough.

1st October 1983 Vs Grimsby. We won 2-1

I would of been 7 at the time. Don't remember much apart from it was cold, we were sat in the platt lane seats and it was I'm pretty sure it was my grandads last game

I barely remember the last game I was at and it was only last week.

First time I saw City play 1989 Boundary Park the guy paved the way for Lionel Messi Gary Megson scored the only goal that day. The Rochdale Road End was a sea of inflatable bananas and a random inflatable fried egg.

First time at Maine Road was later on that season against Crystal Palace, Nigel Gleghorn scored and it was a party atmosphere in the push for promotion. Think Andy Dibble ended up going off with his recurring groin strain that seemed to happen all season that year Gleghorn went in net and a youthful Ian Wright at the time popped up and scored. Disappointing but that would be the recurring theme with City until 2011.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.