Champions league draw 29th August 2019 - Group C (Shakhtar, Zagreb, Atalanta)

Hoping for a couple of short trips (lille and Belguim would be nice) and it is about time we drew Benfica.
But we will get all shit trips I'm sure.

The group stages are boring so I’m hoping for someone decent to at least make it interesting.

Or I’d have a bit of Celtic again for a bit of a derby or Benfica who we haven’t played yet.

Really don't see anyone in Pots 3 or 4 that should worry us - would probably prefer we didn't have to do the long trips to Moscow, Istanbul or Athens - but as long trips go they are more accessible than some other eastern destinations. On the other hand the whole of Pot 2 could be dangerous - but they will be thinking the same about us and hoping to get Chelsea or Zenit

Does anybody know which of the other English teams we are paired with? I have searched high and low and can not find the answer, is it a last minute thing that UEFA spring on us? It would make sense to pair us with the Scouse Twats and match up Spurs and Chelsea.

The same goes for the other associations with more than one team, as Uefa does not want them playing on the same day.

If we went into one of the pots A, B, C or D then our paired team would have to go in pot E, F, G or H and visa versa.

We all know it is not a true draw but a complete fudge to suit the elite teams and for UEFA to get maximum benefit from TV revenue.

Oh how I hate the whole bloody circus.

Reckon we'll get Atletico, lyon and Leipzig. (According to the simulation I did a few times- this was most likely outcome)

Picking te first ball in each pot every time I got:-
Man City
Real Madrid
Lyon
Crvena Zvezda

Picking the last ball resulted in:-
Man City
Dortmund
Olympiacos
Slavia

Notice how the second pot choice gets drastically reduced on some ocassions and frequently only gives you one choice.

DRAW MY ARSE!

Picking te first ball in each pot every time I got:-
Man City
Real Madrid
Lyon
Crvena Zvezda

Picking the last ball resulted in:-
Man City
Dortmund
Olympiacos
Slavia

Notice how the second pot choice gets drastically reduced on some ocassions and frequently only gives you one choice.

DRAW MY ARSE!
So you got 2 completely different groups. How bizarre.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.