Do you remember the first City game you ever attended.

First league game was 1-0 against Derby, Micheal Johnson scored a peach. Been to Maine Road for games with my dad but too young to remember.

Going by some of the posts there are some right old fuckers on here. Even older than me . My first city game was 1984, can't remember when exactly or who against but I was hooked from that day

October 1974. Night game home to Arsenal. Arsenal score first, Tueart equalises then scores the winner (at the Platt Lane end I think), gets injured in the process and carried off. Hooked ever since.

City v Everton, 81-82 season... Trevor Francis takes out the Everton keeper with a ridiculously late, sliding follow-through, then gets up and sticks the nut on Billy Wright. Off he went. I was 8 years old and now I'm 45, and still getting over it...

Last edited:
First time I saw City play 1989 Boundary Park the guy paved the way for Lionel Messi Gary Megson scored the only goal that day. The Rochdale Road End was a sea of inflatable bananas and a random inflatable fried egg.

First time at Maine Road was later on that season against Crystal Palace, Nigel Gleghorn scored and it was a party atmosphere in the push for promotion. Think Andy Dibble ended up going off with his recurring groin strain that seemed to happen all season that year Gleghorn went in net and a youthful Ian Wright at the time popped up and scored. Disappointing but that would be the recurring theme with City until 2011.

Was at this game and, yes, the atmosphere there was completely brilliant: the City fans and the Chaddy End both really up for it. When Megson forced in his header in front of the City end it went totally mental. Anyone remember a full blown riot at the Oldham v City game a few seasons earlier?

Was at this game and, yes, the atmosphere there was completely brilliant: the City fans and the Chaddy End both really up for it. When Megson forced in his header in front of the City end it went totally mental. Anyone remember a full blown riot at the Oldham v City game a few seasons earlier?
Worst trouble I've seen at a game. I don't count invasions in the Spurs Cup game or Notts County promotion anti-party.

Parts of it was funny as fuck though. I always remember the one steward to the right of the Rochdale Rd end trying to cover about 15 yards dividing it from the Ford Stand as blues piled over while nicking his ladder.

Anyone remember a full blown riot at the Oldham v City game a few seasons earlier?
Yes, it was a Good Friday match and City fans were climbing in for nowt all over the place, official attendance was over 20k, more like 25k at least. The coppers were hopelessly outnumbered and had to send for reinforcements, I remember one of the catering kiosks at the Rochdale Rd end getting trashed and of course the ladder from the TV gantry being tossed onto the terrace in front of the Ford stand, narrowly missing a few people, including me.

2007 Cup game at home to Southampton in 2006/07. I remember Barton scoring. Was sat in the Colin Bell stand. I didn’t really care about football at all until that day (which was unfair because i still had to deal with all the “sh*tty city” stuff even still). My first league game was whatever the first home game of the 2007/08 season was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.