England squad (Kyle Walker dropped)

Heard he's been told he's still the #1 right-back by Southgate, but this is just a chance to look at others. No idea how KW will react to that but I'd hazard a guess he'll be baffled given how competitive and fit he is...

Least it gives him a nice rest for us! Every cloud....

put a rag shirt on and you get a cap, things never change. understand stones situation. Not complaining though it benefits city however Walker will be pissed off. See lingards in again, laughable!

Isn't this just for friendlies? Maybe Southgate knows what he's got with Walker, so he's just testing out other players to see how they fit in the team?

Either way, it's a good thing. Less chance of injury and Walker played too much over the past 2 seasons and really seemed to wear down. More time off is good for him.

I’m struggling to see why so much indignation? England has, just now, a very healthy selection of options at right back. Kyle Walker has played many times for England in the past couple of years and this is a squad for friendlies, so why not try other options?

In the current England team Walker is closer to the end of his career than most, what’s the point in picking him for friendlies?

Do folk really think Southgate sits in a darkened room plotting imaginary ways of annoying City fans?
I think he sits in a darkened room thinking how he can get as many likes retweets and tickets sold as possible.
Got to keep those sponsors happy somehow.

What a surprise
Best RB left out lol

I should have put money on it. Let's hope he is as successful as those two others picked for England after a couple of games with rags; Cleverly and the legend that is Phil Jones.

Everyone knows walker is def a better player than WB and Tripper. TAA is very good but better for city as less exposure to crappy games and injuries!

Kind of understand the decision. I think he sees TAA as his first choice rightback going forward and i don't really see Kyle as wanting to sit on the bench for england for 2 weeks. Makes sense to get wan bassaka in to get used to the senior squad and great for us as it give kyle two weeks rest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.