EFL (Carabao Cup) Draw. (Preston Away)

I'm hoping we don't take this as seriously as last year, with more youth players in the starting XI than previous seasons.

I think Pep won't be as motivated to win it but I might be wrong!

I'm hoping we don't take this as seriously as last year, with more youth players in the starting XI than previous seasons.

I think Pep won't be as motivated to win it but I might be wrong!
We need a good mix of young players and experienced players. Any weakness and it will be like the lions den.

I'm sure most City fans are really proud of winning all the domestic trophies last season and winning the League Cup back to back.

You've also forgotten that we played a lot of young players in the League Cup last season. I remember Garcia, Diaz, Foden and Muric played at Leicester in the Q/F.

Pep is fanatical. He'll want to win every game.

My very first away match was at Preston, we had a great time strolling up to the ground from the station singing our heads off.

We won 3-0 with goals from Neil Young (2) and Ralph Brand. Team was Dowd, Kennedy, Sear, Cheetham, Heslop, Oakes, Summerbee, Crossan, Pardoe, Brand and Young - Saturday 23rd October 1965. Nearly forgot Bacuzzi came on as a substitute for Sear.

Been waiting for this draw for years, up the road from me and should be plenty of tickets with it being away mid week.

Pep will go strong, he always does.

For all blues coming into town I'd recommend Wings and Beer just off the main high street if you get the time, great sports bar! It's 5 minutes from the railway station.

Where is the best place to park coming up m6 preferably with pub close by.

My family all live in Preston and have been many, many times. Without a doubt, there will be a traffic bottleneck before and after the game on Blackpool Rd/A59. Pretty much everywhere around is residents only parking, so be mindful. There's a shopping park on the right just before you get to the ground and presumably you could park there as how do they know you are going to the match - but check with some of the locals on here mate - there is a 'Frankie and Benny's in there as well which could be an option for you? Also have a Gregg's and Nando's !
As for local pubs, there are plenty on the backside of the ground, around 20 mins walk, The Army & Navy plus The Royal Consort are pretty close, the latter is a Boddies house and the better of the 2 from memory, should be easier to park around there as well? Just get off on the Tickled Trout turnoff and keep on the A59 when you get to the Blackpool Road left veer. The turn into Meadow St just after you pass The Holiday Inn, both pubs are on there.
Again, check with some of the Preston locals on here to make sure that they are 'friendly' watering holes!

Where is the best place to park coming up m6 preferably with pub close by.

Probably your best bet is Moor Park which is right near the ground. Depending on what time you get there, I'd head into town (15 mins walk).. there's a big wetherspoons called Twelve Tellers top end of town you'll be closest to. Just means walking away from the ground and back. Not too many pubs near the ground.

Also when PNE have had teams bring a big following previously, I've seen buses put on from the train station in town and there's a cracking pub opposite if you like real ales, Queen Vic.

for the fa cup game a few seasons back, we parked not to far from the ground, 10 min walk coming back it was ok

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.