#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've been OK to get him where his is now, but a cup game every 2 months when he was 17 was a good step in his development. 2 years later a cup game against lower league opposition every 2 months isn't going to cut it.

Everyone knows this, IMO that's why Pep's gone on the charm offensive in the media, praising and talking him up 3 times already in a 3 week old season. He knows that Phil needs to start playing more regularly.

He's not going to play just a cup game every two months. He didn't last season either.

He's a player that Pep has praised publically as much as any other. It would be bizarre if he wasn't given his opportunity and I believe he will be given it.

Good god - start ALL league games! and then you will have to help me out with the second bit bolded

just pleased we have someone who knows what he is doing picking the team.

Humiliating! meant start all league cup. No doubt Pep is better with his use of parentheses too.

Hopefully plenty of cup games and if we do our jobs then he can gametime and starts in the CL also, he needs to hang on for David to leave so he can move up a slot in midfield.

Hopefully plenty of cup games and if we do our jobs then he can gametime and starts in the CL also, he needs to hang on for David to leave so he can move up a slot in midfield.

So basically the same as last season? Based on Pep's comments about him being too nice, I think he's going to have to start kicking up a fuss and demand game time.

We all want to see him do well but part of his education is that you have to fight for it, it shouldn't just be given. Imagine it was you, what would you do? I would be making sure that every single day I do more than any other player. I have world class, developed players ahead of me so I'd stay behind working on what I need to and I keep asking, "Boss, am I playing this week?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.