Brighton post match thread

Decent performance ( I know winning 4-0 ) three points,but the huge downside is the possibility of Laporte being out,hopefully not as bad as we think ...

Was a strange game. Didn’t think we played that well but won easily. Was actually quite impressed with Brighton, tried to play football and caused us some problems.

Not impressed with our full backs at all, Zinchenko (who I rate), is struggling without the ball and Walker is a dozy frigger who frustrates the life out of me. I’m in the minority but he wouldn’t get in my England team either.

Rodri was excellent as was Silva. KDB still a little off the pace but he just makes things happen.

Mahrez was good again and Sergio just being Sergio.

Sterling had his worst game for a long time.

Disagree on Walker. Don’t recall him putting a foot wrong today.

Thought Mahrez had his best game for us so far which is encouraging and Sergio/Merlin were rolling back the years today with the way they played off each other...Enjoyed watching Brighton as well which makes a pleasant change to the usual bus parkers that turn up....fingers crossed for Eric, hoping it’s more of an impact injury rather than ligaments

PEP (On @Laporte) I think he's gone to hospital. It doesn’t look good. I don’t know right now what he has but we will know tomorrow. They’re diagnosing what he has right now. I’m waiting for the doctor to call me. He might be out for a while.
#
PEP The game was tough. If we analyse the result it was 4-0, but it was tough. Few teams come here and play with such courage. My players are good players and they made the difference - that’s why we won today.

Nice one, another knee injury. We don’t do small injuries.

So, four games in. Playing in second gear and won three, drawn one, 10 points, 14 for, 3 against and top of the league.

Wait ‘til we start playing !

Need to sort out that left back spot. Zinchenko is vunerable to any decent attacker. Overall a performance that smacked of doing enough to get the job done. Some excellent performances from Kun,Kev,merlin, Rodri and fern when he came on. Annoyingly brought gundogan on instead of phil. Injury to Laporte the big negative today.

Sorry but the decision not to buy a centre half a few weeks ago could now cost us.
We should have paid whatever for Maguire.
Ferna was excellent in the role today and we have options but Stones isn't reliable and we can't be putting round pegs in square holes and sticky plastering over the issue until May.
Also it was a shocking and unecessary challenge from Laporte and I fear it's season ending.
The never ending revolving door of injuries is frustrating.

We need to buy a centre back in January.

Seems harsh to be critical after winning 4-0 but was largely Another sloppy performance with bits of slick brilliance mixed in. Some wonderful goals, mahrez looking much more in tune with the rest of the side which is a welcome positive Still need to up our game considerably.

Wasn’t a fan of the subs. Obviously dinho was forced but for the other two, the two I wouldn’t have brought on was he two pep did bring on. Felt Foden cancelo and Angelino had much greater need for minutes than Bernardo and gundogan.

Laportes the big worry, anything substantial and that’s a huge season defining blow. Going from Kompany/Laporte to otamendi/dinho and stones when he’s fit is a significant downgrade. I expect a costly January signing if the news isn’t good.

As for Brighton, was very impressed with their build up play, to get them playing like that a few months after hughsons 10 men wall is very impressive, they need big improvements in the attacking department but it looks as though Brighton have themselves a top class manager in the making there.

Need to sort out that left back spot. Zinchenko is vunerable to any decent attacker. Overall a performance that smacked of doing enough to get the job done. Some excellent performances from Kun,Kev,merlin, Rodri and fern when he came on. Annoyingly brought gundogan on instead of phil. Injury to Laporte the big negative today.

At least he couldn't bring Jesus on , eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.