MCFC U-18's

That's what it sounds like, he is apparently a monster... actually the U18s overall are quite scary.
A tiny monster? Actually I've not seen him since he signed and all of the video and pictures are obviously from him playing 1 or 3 years up a level, is he small for his age or has he bobbed :) on?

Was there again today. Really enjoyed it. Strong performance against a genuinely decent Everton team. Made em look cannon fodder. Standouts were easily Palmer and Delap. Bobb scored, but he was quiet tbh. Only a little lad, and they put him out on the right wing. He's clearly not a right winger by any stretch of the imagination. He's a guy who clearly loves to pull strings and make passes. Very talented, but quiet today. Goal was a tap in.

Delap though is genuinely class. Just a big, strong, bull-dozing centre-forward. Lost count of how many times he immediately turned his man and stormed past his markers today. He runs so directly and so confidently that he's a nightmare to mark. Good technique, immense amounts of self-belief, clearly knows where the goal is, big lad, strong, pacey. The most natural #9 we've had in the academy teams in ages. Probably since Tyrese Campbell left at 16 tbh. He made so many dangerous moments by being so direct.Hhe set up the first goal too with a delightful chipped pass to Palmer.

Palmer is also brilliant. His first goal was a delightful lob over the keeper (ball was bouncing admittedly so wasn't too hard to do, but perfectly weighted) and his second was probably easy for a player of his high technical ability, but still great. A rampaging Delap run saw the ball fall loose to Palmer who coolly feinted and sat down a defender and then the keeper and he literally walked the ball into the net. Said last week he reminds me of Nasri, and I stand by that. So so silky. Slight lad, but beats people easily.

Tarensi looks a really good fullback. Drives forward and beats people. Two centre-halves were both strong and composed once again too - Finley Burns and CJ Egan-Riley. Of the rest McAtee was a little quieter today than normal I thought, and McDonald was solid behind him. Fiorini played a couple of lovely passes, but not convinced he's a left-winger really, still effective though. Overall it was an entertaining game and well worth getting drenched for. Good bunch this. Think they'll walk this northern division. Won four out of four, averaging over 4 goals a game so far. Mad.

Was there again today. Really enjoyed it. Strong performance against a genuinely decent Everton team. Made em look cannon fodder. Standouts were easily Palmer and Delap. Bobb scored, but he was quiet tbh. Only a little lad, and they put him out on the right wing. He's clearly not a right winger by any stretch of the imagination. He's a guy who clearly loves to pull strings and make passes. Very talented, but quiet today. Goal was a tap in.

Delap though is genuinely class. Just a big, strong, bull-dozing centre-forward. Lost count of how many times he immediately turned his man and stormed past his markers today. He runs so directly and so confidently that he's a nightmare to mark. Good technique, immense amounts of self-belief, clearly knows where the goal is, big lad, strong, pacey. The most natural #9 we've had in the academy teams in ages. Probably since Tyrese Campbell left at 16 tbh. He made so many dangerous moments by being so direct.Hhe set up the first goal too with a delightful chipped pass to Palmer.

Palmer is also brilliant. His first goal was a delightful lob over the keeper (ball was bouncing admittedly so wasn't too hard to do, but perfectly weighted) and his second was probably easy for a player of his high technical ability, but still great. A rampaging Delap run saw the ball fall loose to Palmer who coolly feinted and sat down a defender and then the keeper and he literally walked the ball into the net. Said last week he reminds me of Nasri, and I stand by that. So so silky. Slight lad, but beats people easily.

Tarensi looks a really good fullback. Drives forward and beats people. Two centre-halves were both strong and composed once again too - Finley Burns and CJ Egan-Riley. Of the rest McAtee was a little quieter today than normal I thought, and McDonald was solid behind him. Fiorini played a couple of lovely passes, but not convinced he's a left-winger really, still effective though. Overall it was an entertaining game and well worth getting drenched for. Good bunch this. Think they'll walk this northern division. Won four out of four, averaging over 4 goals a game so far. Mad.

Sounds like an exciting team to watch. Looking forward to the FAYC

Anyone know if you can go down for the under 18's tomorrow vs Liverpool? I've loaded the EDS vs Wolves to my seasoncard, presuming the 18's will be on another pitch, so was thinking of watching the games back to back. Have done this before but I know sometimes they can be a bit funny if you're going to a game not in the Academy Stadium.

1-2 down at half time too apparently, Delap with 2 more goals.

Edit: Bobb came on in the 2nd half and failed to score (for the first time?), #BobbOut

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.