Brighton post match thread

Was a strange game. Didn’t think we played that well but won easily. Was actually quite impressed with Brighton, tried to play football and caused us some problems.

Not impressed with our full backs at all, Zinchenko (who I rate), is struggling without the ball and Walker is a dozy frigger who frustrates the life out of me. I’m in the minority but he wouldn’t get in my England team either.

Rodri was excellent as was Silva. KDB still a little off the pace but he just makes things happen.

Mahrez was good again and Sergio just being Sergio.

Sterling had his worst game for a long time.
Were you atthe game? gen question as I think you are totally in the minority re Walkers performance today

Edited as I put majority by mistake

Last edited:
Bit of a strange game, I didnt think we played that well but won comfortably. Rodri is immense, he is going to be a huge player for us.

Win 4-0 with a below par performance is always nice. Wins a win! But am I the only one who thinks zinchenko’s defending is terrible? Have the ball away a few important times, and his lack of pace/unwillingness to run caused Laporte to tackle and cause an injury? I just feel if zinchenko could be bothered to run back then Laporte wouldn’t have been injured.
Bit low trying to blame Zin for Erics injury - shit happens

/thread.

Other than waiting for news about Laporte's injury I'm not sure if it's worth saying much else about the game. We weren't at our best but were still so good as to run out 4-0 winners, Brighton played some ambitious football and fair play to them. That's that. Roll on Norwich.

Think that sums things up. Would add that we scored four lovely goals and that Sergio’s were sublime. Feel so sorry for Laporte. It looked really bad from our view of it.

sometimes when we score a early goal it kills the game and today was one of them, we looked happy just to be going through the motions and knew we could score if we wanted to and we lost our tempo and the press we like to put on teams and just let them pass it around far to easy, brighton looked ok at times at the back and in the middle but had nothing up front and a easy day at the office for city who never looked like losing

the ref was shocking and let so many thing go ?? and he did not look fit to referee a premier league game and his little legs running around reminded me of Fred Flintstones driving his car, but if getting the points and 4 more goals is seen as a bit of a crap game then i will take games like this all season

The truth hurts but sad to say your post is pretty spot on.. He is a good player but he’s not a good left back. He gives the ball away far too often in dangerous positions, gets out of position too easily usually leaving a lot of space behind him and he is very suspect against fast, tricky wingers. The centre backs, particularly Laporte have to work far harder than should be necessary to cover for him.

We have struggled with this position for years. I don’t think Zinchenko is the long-term solution but I’m not sure Mendy or Angelino are either. I can see us going back into the market in January.
After one misplaced pass, Laporte went mental at him. Great lad but not the quality of the rest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.