Var debate 2019/20

Its not just the idiots operating it, it’s the operating parameters given to the idiots operating it by the idiots above them including the idiots at IFAB.

The game is being run by the PiGMOL equivalent of the Prestwich Lunatic Asylum, or any asylum for that matter. They have made a twenty four carat, mother and father of cock ups with VAR's introduction. It could not be worse had they tried to make it the way it's turning out. But there again, that might have been the intention all the time. Each game is just a fucking lottery when it comes to decisions. You have to score enough goals to take it out of the hands of the officials and VAR. Complete bollockation. Perhaps they've found that book on Amazon - Cups for Cock-Ups - and they want a trophy!

I’m not, i meant pure the technology side is doing what it was designed to do. there’s clearly an issue, many issues in fact but we can’t blame the technology, that’s doing what it was designed to do, all problems (aside from the delay of game which isn’t as bad as made out) come from the human side of it

It just seems whenever it’s not worked how it should, which has always been to the fault of the official operating var,the general response seems to be “fuck var” “scrap it” or something similar which to me just seems completely nonsensical. The technology is showing the world how inept the officials are and the majority seem to want to scrap it so we can go back to the refs still making the same poor decisions but doing so without the technology to point out and give them the opportunity to correct their errors?
That’s all fair enough, accept VAR is a system which includes the technology, policies, and people, hence why people are rightly criticising VAR, not just the people operating it (because VAR is more than just the technology, it is also the setup to mitigate/eliminate the frailties of the human operators, or at least it should be).

I’m not, i meant pure the technology side is doing what it was designed to do. there’s clearly an issue, many issues in fact but we can’t blame the technology, that’s doing what it was designed to do, all problems (aside from the delay of game which isn’t as bad as made out) come from the human side of it

It just seems whenever it’s not worked how it should, which has always been to the fault of the official operating var,the general response seems to be “fuck var” “scrap it” or something similar which to me just seems completely nonsensical. The technology is showing the world how inept the officials are and the majority seem to want to scrap it so we can go back to the refs still making the same poor decisions but doing so without the technology to point out and give them the opportunity to correct their errors?
Sorry but if you think it’s good to microscopically examine things to find something wrong with a goal like fractions of mms or slight glances off an arm and to have to wait 2 mins then you don’t understand why people love football The whole thing has been a total fuck-up and should we be surprised when the likes of Mike Riley are in charge, well of course not. If VAR was used for clear and obvious errors then fine but the way it’s been implemented will only mean one thing, people will fall out of love with the game.

If they actually stop disallowing goals due to unintentional handballs in the build up, and there is continued obvious bias against City in refereeing and VAR decisions, and we go on to lose the league to Liverpool by a few points (or less), the club should absolutely bring suit against the league and PGMOL for gross incompetence of administration, breach of contract (for lack of fair participation in the competition), and possible corruption.

Regardless of the response from the media or rival clubs/supporters, we shouldn’t just *accept* that sort of manipulation.

That is all contingent on the general incompetence / anti-City bias / pro-Liverpool bias being established beyond a shadow of a doubt through out the season, of course, but evidence is strong from the first few weeks, at least of gross incompetence.
That’s just ridiculous business sense. If the league and PiGMOL are even reported to have a bias/corrupt competition then the TV money is gone and City (as a business) is fucked.

Did I hear today that Michael Oliver was the VAR official for 3 games today. Did Utd game, then a 3pm KO & then the dippers. Now I believe you get £2500 per VAR appointment which means that he got £7500 for nowt. Can I sign up please?

That’s just ridiculous business sense. If the league and PiGMOL are even reported to have a bias/corrupt competition then the TV money is gone and City (as a business) is fucked.
They’ve already been reported for both, quite a few times over the years...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.