Brighton post match thread

Entertaining game. Kudos to Brighton for playing their part. Potter is an interesting coach.

Some really good goals scored today.

Laporte injury is a real blow but Fern shone as his stand-in.

Sergio, Silva, Mahrez, Rodri and KDB were our other top performers.

I like him, he’s quickly got Brighton playing some very good stuff.

I think it was around the 40th minute mark and they had more possession than us as well.

Just saying it’s happening too often. Maybe there is an innocent explanation for all of them which makes us the unluckiest club around. Or it might be worth seeing if there is anything we can do to prevent others. Happens once etc etc

Fair enough but this one like Sane's was because of an action on the pitch, Sane being kicked from behind and Laporte sticking his leg in at the wrong angle the same as Mendy did tbh

Now if they are just running and turning and their ACL's are pinging then we would have to be asking questions imo.

It is a bit like the fellow from around page 8 who wanted to blame the injury on Zinchenko, with a veiled hint that Zinchenko is too lazy to track back, something the kid has not been found wanting in, sometimes it feels like people just need to blame something. Not having a dig at you either btw :)

Fair enough but this one like Sane's was because of an action on the pitch, Sane being kicked from behind and Laporte sticking his leg in at the wrong angle the same as Mendy did tbh

Now if they are just running and turning and their ACL's are pinging then we would have to be asking questions imo.

It is a bit like the fellow from around page 8 who wanted to blame the injury on Zinchenko, with a veiled hint that Zinchenko is too lazy to track back, something the kid has not been found wanting in, sometimes it feels like people just need to blame something. Not having a dig at you either btw :)
If Laporte goes in fully then he doesn’t get injured. He pulls slightly and so his leg isn’t strong. One you’re committed you need to remain committed

Concerning if Laporte as gone to hospital, if it's ligament damage they usually have to let the swelling go down before being able to scan it. Hospital generally means there is a concern about a break or fracture.

Keeping my fingers crossed for him.

That was my thought too.

Worried after the Bournemouth lad last week dislocated his knee. He is out for the season. Just hope it's not that
Happened almost right in front of us (pretty much the same place on the pitch Mendy did his ACL)
When the doctors got to Laporte, they were moving his leg and bending it at the knee, so it won't be a dislocation
Within seconds of it happening though, David was signalling to the bench that a sub was required, so he knew it was serious
I can't see it being anything else other than an ACL injury

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.