Brighton post match thread

Another player lost to a nothing coming together.

It's a massive loss, anyone else we would cope but Laporte it hurts. Stones, Walker & Dino will have to fill in.

Another 4 goals even though not at our best, we are going to have to get used to Mahrez & Bernardo switching,

On another note our Phil has to go out on loan, I thought today he would start but guess he will only see League & FA cup games unless we get more injuries.

Before anyone says he's still young, training with the best I don't care he has to go and play just like anyone else.

Nice break now for 2 weeks, Mendy should be back & Stones will be a god send.

Another player lost to a nothing coming together.

It's a massive loss, anyone else we would cope but Laporte it hurts. Stones, Walker & Dino will have to fill in.

Another 4 goals even though not at our best, we are going to have to get used to Mahrez & Bernardo switching,

On another note our Phil has to go out on loan, I thought today he would start but guess he will only see League & FA cup games unless we get more injuries.

Before anyone says he's still young, training with the best I don't care he has to go and play just like anyone else.

Nice break now for 2 weeks, Mendy should be back & Stones will be a god send.
Phil is not going on loan,the end

Fair enough but this one like Sane's was because of an action on the pitch, Sane being kicked from behind and Laporte sticking his leg in at the wrong angle the same as Mendy did tbh

Now if they are just running and turning and their ACL's are pinging then we would have to be asking questions imo.

It is a bit like the fellow from around page 8 who wanted to blame the injury on Zinchenko, with a veiled hint that Zinchenko is too lazy to track back, something the kid has not been found wanting in, sometimes it feels like people just need to blame something. Not having a dig at you either btw :)

Yup I’m pissed off :) The conditioning work is supposed to be preventative, these are actions of loads of players every weekend.

We leave no stone unturned as a club so it will all be in hand I’d imagine regardless of my ramblings.

From where I was sat it looked like more of a very heavy impact rather than the knee bending unnaturally. I could be wrong as it was some distance away. But if it happened the way I think I saw it I'm hoping it's not as bad as everybody fears

Stones and Mendy are back after the international break, right? That should ease concerns. Still, losing Sane until Feb. and now Laporte sucks. Especially after how Mendy and De Bruyne struggled last year.

Just seen the Laporte incident on MOTD. I know all we can do at the moment is speculate but to me there did not seem to be any twisting of his knee. I know others will have recorded the match and seen it many times and seen something I didn't. But if they caught knee on knee it could be a bone problem. I know we will have to wait and see.

Just seen the Laporte incident on MOTD. I know all we can do at the moment is speculate but to me there did not seem to be any twisting of his knee. I know others will have recorded the match and seen it many times and seen something I didn't. But if they caught knee on knee it could be a bone problem. I know we will have to wait and see.
It seemed, unfortunately, a lot like the Mendy injury against Stoke

It seemed, unfortunately, a lot like the Mendy injury against Stoke
But didnt Mendys knee twist.On the 2/3 occasions it was shown on MOTD I didnt detect a twist. From his point of view a break, though not ideal, might be preferable. Anyway fingers crossed because we will miss him.

But didnt Mendys knee twist.On the 2/3 occasions it was shown on MOTD I didnt detect a twist. From his point of view a break, though not ideal, might be preferable. Anyway fingers crossed because we will miss him.
I meant the way the tackle was made and the position on the pitch, and the unnecessary need to make the tackle.
He didn’t seem to twist it from the TV pictures

Zinchenko caused just about all our problems today including a horrendous pass causing the break away for Laporte injury. I don’t like to pick on one player but he isn’t good enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.