#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t seen anyone slating him.... posters just want a talented local lad to get more game time, it’s not really a surprise is it
Slating maybe harsh, but look at how this thread developed, people are most definitely complaining hard.

Yes, ideally I want Foden subbed on over Gundogan, but the kid will get minutes, just give it time.

I addressed the content of your post upon initial interaction with you.

You asked me why he couldn’t get 20 minutes in a game that was done.

I told you. He isn’t in place to do so as per his pecking order and his pecking order is as such, because he is not yet ready.

Do I think Phil Foden deserves 20 minutes ahead of Ilkaay Gundogan?

No, I don’t. Not yet.

He will get his moment but it’s not yet. Imo

How’s he meant to get ahead of Gundugon or go up the pecking order if he never gets a chance though ? 3-0 up in a already won game surely is the perfect chance to do that

Why is he not ready aswell, when players like sancho, mount and others in the league are ? Just sounds like more excuses not to play him

How’s he meant to get ahead of Gundugon or go up the pecking order if he never gets a chance though ? 3-0 up in a already won game surely is the perfect chance to do that

Why is he not ready aswell, when players like sancho, mount and others in the league are ? Just sounds like more excuses not to play him

Because he is a part of the best squad in the world.

That is quite a bar to be ready for.

Look. The only way he is getting into this team is if the club decide that he is talented enough to replace David Silva.

At the moment, he is still here and even his game time is now being managed.

Phil is an unbelievable footballer, and I am certain there is going to be a long term role for him here.

But it's not this season. He will be a bit part player, centred mostly in the cup competitions.

Because he is a part of the best squad in the world.

That is quite a bar to be ready for.

Look. The only way he is getting into this team is if the club decide that he is talented enough to replace David Silva.

At the moment, he is still here and even his game time is now being managed.

Phil is an unbelievable footballer, and I am certain there is going to be a long term role for him here.

But it's not this season. He will be a bit part player, centred mostly in the cup competitions.

How long do you think he will wait? Genuine question. He will be watching a lot of his mates who came up through youth football together now playing for their first teams and he will be watching them go off to the Euro's in the summer while he will have been lucky to play more than 300 league minutes. All it takes is for his dad, his agent, another player to get in his ear and suddenly we lose not only a local City fan but one of the most exciting players England has produced in decades. He needs to be shown he has a real future at the club. Giving him half an hour today would have been ideal for him to get some match fitness and show what he can do. Gundogan did not need to play having started the last few games and the game already won. It was a poor decision by Pep.

How long do you think he will wait? Genuine question. He will be watching a lot of his mates who came up through youth football together now playing for their first teams and he will be watching them go off to the Euro's in the summer while he will have been lucky to play more than 300 league minutes. All it takes is for his dad, his agent, another player to get in his ear and suddenly we lose not only a local City fan but one of the most exciting players England has produced in decades. He needs to be shown he has a real future at the club. Giving him half an hour today would have been ideal for him to get some match fitness and show what he can do. Gundogan did not need to play having started the last few games and the game already won. It was a poor decision by Pep.
Given he just signed a 6 year contract I don't think he has as many concerns about his path as others.

I really think he will up sticks next season,if he doesn’t get match time this season,they will be queuing up all over Europe

He will wait as long as he sees fit or to the point no game time impedes his career.

If he leaves, then he leaves.

I try to keep the emotion out of it and look at the footballer.

Right now he is a local boy with lots of potential. I believe he can become something as I alluded to earlier, but at the moment there are much better players ahead of him.

We have so much depth here, it's hard to for Phil to negotiate a matchday squad place, let alone actual minutes.

He will wait as long as he sees fit or to the point no game time impedes his career.

If he leaves, then he leaves.

I try to keep the emotion out of it and look at the footballer.

Right now he is a local boy with lots of potential. I believe he can become something as I alluded to earlier, but at the moment there are much better players ahead of him.

We have so much depth here, it's hard to for Phil to negotiate a matchday squad place, let alone actual minutes.
How can you look at the footballer when he hardly ever plays. That's the main problem. You can't. We can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.