#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes because football players are well known for honouring their contracts and not looking for moves elsewhere.
I'd say more sign six year contracts intending to stay at the club than those that sign six year contracts intending to leave.

He'll play plenty this season and I'm sure he's not falling cause he hasn't played 360 minutes in the league already.

How can you look at the footballer when he hardly ever plays. That's the main problem. You can't. We can't.
He played 26 times for us last season and will probably do more than that this season.

It's not like he's locked in his room or anything.

He played 26 times for us last season and will probably do more than that this season.

It's not like he's locked in his room or anything.

Very selective. 26 times - majority of which was in dead games or for the odd few minutes. He’s not going to develop if it’s the same as last season.

He needs regular game time to develop and show what he can do. Just like Sancho and mount are now doing. Sounds dramatic but if foden doesn’t end up a regular for us I can’t see any young player, no matter how good becoming one.

Very selective. 26 times - majority of which was in dead games or for the odd few minutes. He’s not going to develop if it’s the same as last season.

He needs regular game time to develop and show what he can do. Just like Sancho and mount are now doing. Sounds dramatic but if foden doesn’t end up a regular for us I can’t see any young player, no matter how good becoming one.

Perhaps Pep has decided he doesn’t think Phil is quite good enough yet?

Has anyone entertained such a possibility?

Even worse, maybe he will never be good enough?

They are all legitimate questions, and like I have said previously, I’m trying to take the emotion out of it and understand this from a football managers point of view.

As a group of fans, we are assuming he must be good enough because we really want him to be, because he’s local, because he’s a city fan. There is lot of romance in the story.

Im sure Pep rates him highly but clearly not highly enough at this moment to displace senior squad players.

Confused with what Pep said pre-match compared to what he did against a poor Brighton team , the game was over early in the 2nd half and i thought this would be ideal to give Foden a good half hour , but he brings Gundogan on? Much as i like Gundogan we know what he can do for us and his limitations , and the most disappointing part of the day was Foden nor getting a run out , but Pep's the best coach in the world and obviously has a long term plan for the lad. In Pep we trust .

So why was there a clammer to bring him on yesterday when the game was won?
Pep will never select a player to appease fans and if honest, nor would we want him to

Perhaps Pep has decided he doesn’t think Phil is quite good enough yet?

Has anyone entertained such a possibility?

Even worse, maybe he will never be good enough?

They are all legitimate questions, and like I have said previously, I’m trying to take the emotion out of it and understand this from a football managers point of view.

As a group of fans, we are assuming he must be good enough because we really want him to be, because he’s local, because he’s a city fan. There is lot of romance in the story.

Im sure Pep rates him highly but clearly not highly enough at this moment to displace senior squad players.
good post mate

It's not selective, it's fact. You're choosing to disregard some of his appearances but thats up to you. 11 of his appearances last season we're starts for a start.

And you do not need to be playing regular football at 19 to develop, many great footballers didn't break through as regulars until they were older.

FWIW I don't expect him to play the same minutes as last season, and I'll be disappointed if he does.

Last edited:
I understand the point that he's below the other midfielders but he's part of the first team now and he needs match fitness just as much as the other guys have needed it after pre season.

You only have to look at the spurs and Leicester games last season he was dead on his feet after about 60 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.