Brighton post match thread

Complacency will be our biggest hurdle this season. We just couldn't get going, but punctuated this with moments of attacking brilliance. Hopefully pre-season is out of our system now.

There was a heated debate during pre-season about the importance of replacing Vinny. I was in the camp of 'Don't take chances', whilst others were in the happy clappy camp & pointing out that worrying about something that hadn't happened was all 'If's, buts & maybe's', followed by 'We can use the EDS kids, Fernandino & Walker, so stop flapping'. Right now we're down to one fit CB, & I've never been so glad to see an international break. Was the risk really worth it?

I get we don't want to buy for the sake of buying, as we only want quality, but going through a season with only 3 recognised senior CB's was always going to be risky. I never thought if it at the time, but even a Gary Cahill, or David Luiz would have provided short term cover on the cheap as insurance for situations like this.

I suppose we'll soon find out if our EDS options can step up in our hour of need. I just hope not replacing Vinny doesn't jump up & bite us on the arse.

Last edited:
Complacency will be our biggest hurdle this season. We just couldn't get going, but punctuated this with moments of attacking brilliance. Hopefully pre-season is out of our system now.

There was a heated debate during pre-season about the importance of replacing Vinny. I was in the camp of 'Don't take chances', whilst others were in the happy clappy camp & pointing out that worrying about something that hadn't happened was all 'If's, buts & maybe's', followed by 'We can use the EDS kids, Fernandino & Walker, so stop flapping'. Right now we're down to one fit CB, & I've never been so glad to see an international break. Was the risk really worth it?

I get we don't want to buy for the sake of buying, as we only want quality, but going through a season with only 3 recognised senior CB's was always going to be risky. I never thought if it at the time, but even a Gary Cahill, or David Luiz would have provided short term cover on the cheap as insurance for situations like this.

I suppose we'll soon find out if our EDS options can step up in our hour of need. I just hope not replacing Vinny doesn't jump up & bite us on the arse.
Your right mate in what you say, a Gary Cahill would be just ideal now, but I also think Pep thrives in these situations. He will read what that dickhead Jenas has said with his advantage Liverpool, and that will give Pep motivation. Lets all hope Laporte injury is not too serious.

Sounds a stupid thing to say but one of the reasons we went flat in the first half is I think we scored too early.

Zinchenko caused just about all our problems today including a horrendous pass causing the break away for Laporte injury. I don’t like to pick on one player but he isn’t good enough

I agree on Zimchenko. He is being targeted more this season and I don’t think he has been great. Laporte makes zinchenko look better than he is by covering for him.

Aguero is on a goal every 44 minutes so far.

Completely unreal and getting exactly 0 plaudits outside the club

Revolving graphic on skysports yesterday showing season leading scorers so far and yep, he was missing from it lol

Gutted for Laporte and hope he gets back fit soon.

Special mention to Brighton today, the bravery playing out from the back and determination to stick to their principles under Graham Potter made it a brilliant game to watch. The touch from the No.33 (Dan Burn) was as good as I’ve seen considering he had Aguero breathing down his neck, Aguero seemed to acknowledge it too.

We were brilliant, I know Zinchenko’s mistake led to the Laporte injury but otherwise he was top class in possession. Silva was just Silva, I’d pay to watch the fella kick a crisp packet around at 4am in the streets of glorious Levenshulme. Aguero was just Aguero, not much involvement and two fucking stunners. Rodri is looking like a fucking bargain too, the kid has just slotted in like he’s been here 5 years and makes the game look effortless. He’s looks like a man playing in a U19’s game at times such is his calmness and composure.

Happy clappy camp - bit derogatory. Perhaps it’s time we utilised what we have at our disposal and make it work. No way we get a quality 4th CB and then keep otamendi, so we potentially get what we all want, promotion of a young player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.