First international break what is your assessment of City and our rivals?

Marvin

City:
  • I like the hunger. Having won the domestic treble, and losing Komany I wondered about attitude. That's answered.
  • New signings. Rodri has been excellent. Cancelo. We wait and see. Kyle Walker playing very well so maybe it has already had an effect.
  • Downside. Bad injury to Leroy. I hope Laporte is no more than 6 weeks. Laporte is not just a defender but a playmaker. We can't afford to lose him for months on end.
  • Bit disappointed Foden has not played. I don't expect him to start yet, but he should be coming on as a sub when 3-0 up.
The rest:

Liverpool. Picked up where they left off last season. Their first XI is as good as City, but if they have injuries the like of which City have had then they have no chance.

Man Utd: Ole is at the wheel and forced Lukaku out, and they can't play in their forwards. Mid-table looms

Chelsea: Think they will be top 4 now that Abraham has found the goals. Rudiger, and Kante will make that side solid when they return.

SPurs: Potential implosion. NLD and aftermath could be very important.

Arsenal: Fantastic forward line if Emery can work up the courage to play them, but the rest of the side is wide open.

Leicester and West Ham have an opening.

Pretty much agree, not sure about Chelsea yet , a win and a draw against promoted teams, Abraham had a good season in the championship and has scored 4 against 2 teams that haven’t strengthened a lot from the championship so we’ll see.

Business as usual with the title race and two main protagonists, the real business starts after the international break when both City and Liverpool start to rotate.

Losing Laporte is a huge blow but hopefully City can stay on the front foot and minimise the loss. I think Fernandinho and Walker could potentially cover for the time being and we might even see the return of Mendy in the next few weeks.

Rest of the so called big six need to get their acts together as we need them to start pegging Liverpool back. Leicester look interesting though Rodgers has them playing some good football.

We're clearly the best team in the Premier League but we can't afford any more long-term injuries. I watched a perfectly good last minute winner against Spurs being chalked off and I thought same old, same old.

I watched Leroy Sane get ruled out for the season with a knee injury in a pre-season game and Laporte getting carted off to hospital with a serious-looking knee injury in the third game of the season and thought same old, same old.

I can't see a full-strength Liverpool dropping as many points as last year. I watched that cross deflect into the net against Burnley yesterday effectively putting what could have been a tricky match to bed and thought it's the same old, same old.

A long way to go yet, and I m hoping I'll be thinking same old, same old when we lift trophies at the end of the season. If we do, it'll be a magnificent achievement.

Same top two as last season.
Other two champions league spots can see one of the so called small clubs getting on.
Spurs,Arsenal,Chelsea and rags struggling.

Been a solid start. The spurs draw is disappointing because we were dominant and should have taken three points.

Liverpool will challenge again.

We are losing the injury battle with them.

Our games against them really will be critical.

Looking like that ladder league table will be really long come May.

Top four seems to be us, dips, Arsenal & Leicester none of whom appear to have any challengers but it's football, a Spurs win today could change all that.

I thought we had a poor pre season and looked undercooked against Liverpool. As a result it seems that pep has concentrated during the first four games on getting a core group of 14/15 players fully match fit rather than giving game time for all of the squad. Hence limited opportunity for Foden, Cancelo etc. So Bernardo was brought on yesterday rather than Foden.

Laporte’s injury must be the biggest concern.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.