Brighton post match thread

I understand that, but it’s not unheard of for full backs to play on the opposite side.
The issue wouldn't be a huge problem defensively but wrong footed fullbacks offer little in the build up. Zinchenko had a poor game at the back but was still crucial to our attacks.

Good morning.
Brighton fan here.
Just back from holiday and didn't see or hear coverage of the match. I was hoping Albion could avoid shipping too many goals so was disappointed when I saw the result but friends tell me we played well.
To save me trawling the thread, can I please have a brief summary perspective from an 'opposition spokesperson'.
Many thanks

A 4-0 win cannot be sniffed at , but we were wasteful on occasions we have still not got into our stride and are comfortably winning games , the Spurs game was a travesty and we should be at the top of the league , but after the Brighton game i was pleased with the result but we definitely have a few more gears.
First time in Block 115 South Stand yesterday , (usually go in the CB stand) , brilliant atmosphere and even at my age i returned home with a sore throat , if we could just get that atmosphere going in 50% of the ground the Etihad would be far more intimidating place , especially liked the Brighton fans singing "its all gone quiet over there" at 1-0 , then Kun immediately scored the 2nd goal and the Brighton fans got ripped to pieces , another good day out watching the Blues :)

Good morning.
Brighton fan here.
Just back from holiday and didn't see or hear coverage of the match. I was hoping Albion could avoid shipping too many goals so was disappointed when I saw the result but friends tell me we played well.
To save me trawling the thread, can I please have a brief summary perspective from an 'opposition spokesperson'.
Many thanks

You played some very nice football, much better than the last two seasons, but there was a lack of cutting edge in the final third

Defensively you didn't do a lot wrong. The goals were down to great play and finishing by City

If you play like that all season I can't see you being anywhere near the bottom three

Good morning.
Brighton fan here.
Many thanks

You played very well IMO. Looked comfortable playing out from the back and beat our press a few times which not many sides do.

It might seem hollow considering you lost 4-0 but I thought you offered a much biggest threat than Spurs did a few weeks ago. The difference is that they scored two half chances and you missed two well worked good chances.

Carry on playing like that and I think you’ll finish in the top 12.

as off as Zin was, regardless, and I hate to speak against a guy who's injured, but I think Laporte's challenge was reckless and preventable entirely on his ownself.
edit: I mean, hasn't he learned anything? playing along side of the poster child of lunge-ins, nico otamendi. ;)
Oh when de Jong
Oh when de Jong
Oh when de Jong goes sliding in...

Have we solved the empty seats problem in the Family Stand?

Usually see a few empty blocks for these lesser games. Didn't see any. Most even stayed to the end!

Good morning.
Brighton fan here.
Many thanks

I think you might be interested in what Pep Guardiola had to say about your team rather more than what I'm going to say. He was very complimentary...

I was interested to see how Potter is changing your approach and I thought your team was very neat and tidy and technically accomplished. Particularly impressive was the way you tried to play the ball out from the back and the determination to persist even under quite intensive pressing from us. Conceding after 90 seconds or thereabouts didn't help but throughout the first half your lads were bright and lively and stayed in the game. I don't think we were at our best but we were good enough. Giving away a second just before half time obviously made your task much more difficult and the second half was more of an exercise in damage limitation.

I respected Chris Hughton a great deal and thought he was unfortunate to lose his job, though I could understand why the club took the decision. Yesterday it was clear that the club is no longer interested in backs-to-the-wall, try to finish in 17th place football and has appointed a man who wants to play more expansive, positive football and considering how little time he's had the signs are good. You won't be playing City every week!

By the way, I presume Murray was on the bench and only came on after an hour because of his age? It was a positive substitution anyway.

I think you might be interested in what Pep Guardiola had to say about your team rather more than what I'm going to say. He was very complimentary...

I was interested to see how Potter is changing your approach and I thought your team was very neat and tidy and technically accomplished. Particularly impressive was the way you tried to play the ball out from the back and the determination to persist even under quite intensive pressing from us. Conceding after 90 seconds or thereabouts didn't help but throughout the first half your lads were bright and lively and stayed in the game. I don't think we were at our best but we were good enough. Giving away a second just before half time obviously made your task much more difficult and the second half was more of an exercise in damage limitation.

I respected Chris Hughton a great deal and thought he was unfortunate to lose his job, though I could understand why the club took the decision. Yesterday it was clear that the club is no longer interested in backs-to-the-wall, try to finish in 17th place football and has appointed a man who wants to play more expansive, positive football and considering how little time he's had the signs are good. You won't be playing City every week!

By the way, I presume Murray was on the bench and only came on after an hour because of his age? It was a positive substitution anyway.

Potter is certainly blowing the theory, that you can only play a certain way, because of the players you have.
More practice they'll be even better.

Just hoping and praying that Emeric's injury is nothing worse than a bad sprain like Kevin's a few years ago or a meniscus minor tear (can be repaired and back in action within weeks). Looked bad though with his knee flexing in the most unnatural position due to a heavy collision. Why always us ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.