Ex Liverpool player Dean Saunders let off on appeal P31

Saunders is alright. Comes across as half sensible on Talk Sport and his kid plays for Curzon Ashton. Always has nice things to say about City. Just a bit unlucky by the sounds of it.

Unlucky for what? Been caught drink driving? What a stupid comment, shouldn't be drink driving, luck doesn't come into it, he's an idiot and deserves whatever he gets.

I got hit head on last year by someone who was nearly twice over the limit and also had cocaine in his system. I don't feel very lucky in the fact I got out relatively uninjured as my head has been seriously messed up since. Every time someone gets behind a wheel under the influence of anything they are putting a lot of lives in danger and it's not just the people in the cars that suffer. Family's picking up the pieces after suffer too.

I've driven after a few a couple of times, not to mention under the influence of various substances back in the late 80s and early 90s. Seems most people have at some point in their lives. 'Let he with the clean slate cast the first stone' and all that... I didn't get nicked - in that respect I was lucky.
15 posts and already 2 attempts at a Clarkie (one with a half twist and pike). Pretty good going!
Anyway, to take up your "challenge", I haven't got even a coffee stain on my licence, let alone points, and have been driving for 45 years, the majority of which doing 25,000+ miles per year in the UK and Europe.
The most I've had to drink before driving is 3 pints, and that was at least 2 hours before I drove, and never taken drugs (apart from my prescription ones).
Before you say i'm a goody two shoes, when I left one job, I was given a tankard with a fish shaped handle, to remind people that I drank like one.
Some laws are there for a good reason, drink driving being one. IMO, the punishments should be more severe, but that's one for the Off Topic thread.

15 posts and already 2 attempts at a Clarkie (one with a half twist and pike). Pretty good going!
Anyway, to take up your "challenge", I haven't got even a coffee stain on my licence, let alone points, and have been driving for 45 years, the majority of which doing 25,000+ miles per year in the UK and Europe.
The most I've had to drink before driving is 3 pints, and that was at least 2 hours before I drove, and never taken drugs (apart from my prescription ones).
Before you say i'm a goody two shoes, when I left one job, I was given a tankard with a fish shaped handle, to remind people that I drank like one.
Some laws are there for a good reason, drink driving being one. IMO, the punishments should be more severe, but that's one for the Off Topic thread.

For some people 3 pints 2 hours before driving could have them failing a breath test, which would leave them no different from Dean Saunders.

Exactly but he is a convicted drunk driver.
He's not actually. He was convicted for failing to provide a specimen, which exists for the purposes of securing a conviction when the state cannot prove the person was over the limit and therefore, using your vernacular, drunk.

There is insuffient proof he was over the limit, although common sense suggest he was.

Anyway, I'll withdraw from my brief outburst of pedantry, as either way he's a cünt.

He's not actually. He was convicted for failing to provide a specimen, which exists for the purposes of securing a conviction when the state cannot prove the person was over the limit and therefore, using your vernacular, drunk.

There is insuffient proof he was over the limit, although common sense suggest he was.

Anyway, I'll withdraw from my brief outburst of pedantry, as either way he's a cünt.

I'm trying to make the point that the law abiding person who had 3 pints 2 hours before driving and failed a breath test would be a convicted drunk driver.

Totally agree, he is massive ****. ( don't know how to put those spots above the u) :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.