Players who might improve us

Saul and Koke will not leave Atletico in many, many years.
Very happy with Rodri (who had a much better season) but my first choice for a Fernandinho replacement was Saul. One of the most versatile players I've seen and the only one I felt can match Fernandinho's workrate, tenacity, technique, breaking up play and chipping in with important goals. Amazing player but doubt we'll ever see him at City.

Last edited:
Scottish papers are linking Celtic with an interest in Mitchell Roberts, young centre-back at Birmingham City. Only mention it as they are also saying we are interested in him but Celtic are set to ‘pip’ us. Fanciful, I know, but haven’t seen mention elsewhere.

Suggestions for Fernandinho replacements next summer?

Since Rodri is most likely going to be a starter for years to come, a more experienced option that doesn't mind being a rotational player would be nice, rather than a young talent that will rot on the bench. I'd prefer someone who is a good and aggressive tackler like Fernandinho to complement Rodri.

Maybe someone like Danilo Pereira from Porto?

If Pep wants another Busquets type of player he should look into Weigl, can Play CB too.

There were some rumors late in the summer that Fernandinho may sign a one year extension. No point in doing it early, but if that's the direction we want to go around November/January I wouldn't be against it since Ilkay can of course fill in there as well.

Suggestions for Fernandinho replacements next summer?

Since Rodri is most likely going to be a starter for years to come, a more experienced option that doesn't mind being a rotational player would be nice, rather than a young talent that will rot on the bench. I'd prefer someone who is a good and aggressive tackler like Fernandinho to complement Rodri.

Maybe someone like Danilo Pereira from Porto?

If Pep wants another Busquets type of player he should look into Weigl, can Play CB too.

I think there are plenty of games for both Rodri and some other young player. I think it will be either Douglas Luis if he does well at Villa or Ante Palaversa who we have on loan at Belgium club Oostende. The flexibility of having Gundogan who can also play that position I think will help us develop a younger player.

It is easy to say afterwards but i would have gone for Mings as Laporte`s back up pushing Ottamendi onto the right, Pep went for experience in Maguire but it is Mings who is England best CB at the moment,i would have gone for gone for Lookman as well, back up for Sane and a cheap replacement for Sane if he did not sign, many will think Lookman is crap but he is nearly as fast trickier and better with both feet than Sterling but Sterling has Pep, i would have gone for James instead of Angelino, being club trained is no advantage if your not good enough to get in the squad and we should have bought him in January.
January is coming again and many say we should not buy but it is the best time of year to get young English talent as there is less competition.
And since this is players with no connection to us Dansa from Southampton got sent off yesterday and was still the man of the match for me

We need a reliable top class loan signing in January.

I'm thinking Phil Jones.
Great idea top professional plus will shift shed loads of shirts guy is an icon, ronaldo, Jones and messi probably the 3 best of all time doubt he will come to be honest unless we really push the boat pep will have to go of course this playing out from the back doesn't really play to big Phil's strenghts. Maybe Tony pulis will come in think he could unlock Jones full potential.

It is easy to say afterwards but i would have gone for Mings as Laporte`s back up pushing Ottamendi onto the right, Pep went for experience in Maguire but it is Mings who is England best CB at the moment,i would have gone for gone for Lookman as well, back up for Sane and a cheap replacement for Sane if he did not sign, many will think Lookman is crap but he is nearly as fast trickier and better with both feet than Sterling but Sterling has Pep, i would have gone for James instead of Angelino, being club trained is no advantage if your not good enough to get in the squad and we should have bought him in January.
January is coming again and many say we should not buy but it is the best time of year to get young English talent as there is less competition.
And since this is players with no connection to us Dansa from Southampton got sent off yesterday and was still the man of the match for me
Danso???

We were all laughing at how shit he was in the pub before our match, looked like he'd won a compy to get a game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.