Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here.
I hope he knows what stupid decision he made in that situation.
That was far from becoming a goal threat.
If he thinks he has to stop the counter in that moment he has to use his body or even hands
and concede the yellow (which he did anyway).
Maybe he had that bloody French call-up in mind to proof something (Albany and Andorra ahead, my arse...).

Getting a full impact from the side especially on the knee is the worst choice he could have made.

Even if we HAD conceded from that counter we would have still won the game.
We have to manage our brilliant player resources much better when we want to win more trophies.

Anyway, I'm sure he knows that was a moment of stupidity and regrets his decision.
He has paid a high price for no return. Waste of a gamble.
I hope he gets well soon and has had his lesson.

If only he'd consulted you first.

Ah come on mate.

It was a lazy, foolish tackle. It was exactly the same as Mendy’s one that started all his issues. There were a thousand ways he could deal with that situation and very unfortunately for him and us, he choose the thousand and first option.

I’m gutted for the lad.

Me too, it's a big loss for us if confirmed as serious but some of the after the event stuff is stupid . Innocuous challenges often lead to injuries.

Laporte is seen rolling around after the injury
If you break your leg le last thing you do is roll over...it really hurts to do so and players will lie dead still
Could be a dislocated knee cap would not be too serious an injury
A dislocated kneecap however is a limb threatening injury...bloody hope that’s not what happened..v unlikely

I dislocated my knee 3 times and once it's gone it's always susceptible. It did for Bullards career.

Last edited:
Yep, Pep chanced it and his gamble may fail.

The good news is we don’t really play anyone that good until November which gives time for whoever steps in to get used to things.

We are generally pretty good at stopping teams creating opportunities, especially sides that are not top 4. We were a bit sloppy yesterday I thought despite the big win but usually we don’t give opponents a sniff.

If it’s a season ender though we need to buy in Jan. Can’t risk it.

Only thing I know is we’ve seen a few ligament injuries recently and they have all walked off and not gone to hospital immediately. So either a policy change or a different kind of injury.
Different injury mate, as someone has said likely dislocation which can compromise blood flow to lower leg, hence off to hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.