Would You Keep Fern At Centre Half.....

Can see walker there alongside otamendi and cancelo strating at rb.

Fern is ok there for certain games, when we expect to have possession and the threat of counter is small, but against the faster and bigger teams I'd prefer walker or maybe Harwood bellis.

But that said, pep has the time on the training ground to show how the position would work with Fernandinho there, so that is good enough for me if we do go with it.

Think Fern would be great against Liverpool. Him, as centre half behind Rodri, would be a solid defensive spine against the pace and attacking of Sala and Sane.

I think Stones or Otamendi would be pretty peeved if they were fit and benched so that Fern could play in their place.

Having said that I do think that Fern could do a great job against most teams and if he playing well at centre half then the position should be his.

Will be Stones and Otamendi if they are avaliable. Pretty straight forward.

Walker to step in if either are not avaliable. Cancelo will need to come in.

I think we should move to 3 at the back at some point, with Fern able to step into midfield to create an overload but cover as a back 3 when needed, would allow us to play someone like Garcia with extra cover in there for him. We desperately lack cover in the defensive transition with Rodri still adjusting, Zin not being a LB and Otamendi and Walker on "see ball, chase ball" mode whenever they're together so trying to cover ourselves defensively is going to be key if Stones and Eric are out for anything length of time, because Bournemouth and Brighton could easily have had a couple more each and CL teams and more clinical teams will kill our title hopes with the defensive transition we currently have in play.

I think rodri could be an option if we need any height at the back if stones isn't fit.but stones and otto if they are fit

I think Fernandinho will only play at CB if Stones or Otamendi are injured and in cup matches.

I guess that was always the plan for his late years here. Probably a backup though,.

Didn't happen yesterday 'cos Jonny was only up with play for the six kick-offs.
I dunno he got in the way of it a few times, I wonder if he gets supplementary pay as a "defender" from some teams ?

Agree about Otamendi, but he seems to have at least one brain fart off his feet in every game, that was what impressed me about Fernadhino, whereas he doesn go to ground outside the box, he didn't once look like doing yesterday, for someone who doesn't play that position much he looked examplorary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.