Brighton post match thread

The bit of skill from the Brighton 33 when he brought the ball down and went by Segio in the first half was class.
South Stand and Colin Bell applauded.
Sergio as well.
I was one of them in CB3 clapping.. I asked my mate next to me who the No 33 was (Burn?) never heard of him but stood out in the first half.. Looked about 6'7" too..

A 4-0 win cannot be sniffed at , but we were wasteful on occasions we have still not got into our stride and are comfortably winning games , the Spurs game was a travesty and we should be at the top of the league , but after the Brighton game i was pleased with the result but we definitely have a few more gears.
First time in Block 115 South Stand yesterday , (usually go in the CB stand) , brilliant atmosphere and even at my age i returned home with a sore throat , if we could just get that atmosphere going in 50% of the ground the Etihad would be far more intimidating place , especially liked the Brighton fans singing "its all gone quiet over there" at 1-0 , then Kun immediately scored the 2nd goal and the Brighton fans got ripped to pieces , another good day out watching the Blues :)
Was you in row K by any chance?

Hopefully they don’t go the way of Derby County because of it!
Is that 'cos Derby ended up with about 14 points the year they went down? Brighton already have 4 points and have yet to play the rags twice yet ..so that's 10 points.. i'm sure they will manage the other 4/5 points over the next 32 games haha!

I was one of them in CB3 clapping.. I asked my mate next to me who the No 33 was (Burn?) never heard of him but stood out in the first half.. Looked about 6'7" too..
Well guessed... Burn is 6' 7"
He earned MoM for the Albion in each of the first three games.
Funny thing is that Chris Hughton brought him in as backup for Dunk or Duffy and never used him last season!

Is that 'cos Derby ended up with about 14 points the year they went down? Brighton already have 4 points and have yet to play the rags twice yet ..so that's 10 points.. i'm sure they will manage the other 4/5 points over the next 32 games haha!
And they have two meetings with Arsenal yet!

Phil is not going on loan,the end
Because Pep said so???

If you ask me Pep is more or less saying Phil grow some balls & come tell me why you should be playing.

Sitting on the bench all year isn't good, it's in C8tys interest & Phil's to play, he ain't playing 2-3 games in a row in this squad when you have players of World class who ain't playing regular.

I'm not trying to cause a stir but the kid has to go play it hasn't hurt Mount, Abrahams, RLC, Winks, Beckham, Kane the l8st is endless.

Foden yes wants to play for City & bleeds blue blood but he has to grow a pair & ask to go play some minutes at the moment we won't miss his 15-20 mins

The issue wouldn't be a huge problem defensively but wrong footed fullbacks offer little in the build up. Zinchenko had a poor game at the back but was still crucial to our attacks.

Agreed on your last sentence Bert. However your first sentence has set me a challenge to think of there are any “wrong footed” full backs who have been assets to teams going forwards - I’m sure there are some, just like there are in the wide forward positions, but tbf I can’t bring one to mind now ... lahm, Irwin ??

Agreed on your last sentence Bert. However your first sentence has set me a challenge to think of there are any “wrong footed” full backs who have been assets to teams going forwards - I’m sure there are some, just like there are in the wide forward positions, but tbf I can’t bring one to mind now ... lahm, Irwin ??
Yeah those were 2 who were effective-just think the way we play its more important to have that balance. The full backs often play inside and being left footed on that side opens the play up more and gives greater balance. If La Porte is out for any length of time this issue would be exacerbated if we ended up with 4 right footed defenders.

Yeah those were 2 who were effective-just think the way we play its more important to have that balance. The full backs often play inside and being left footed on that side opens the play up more and gives greater balance. If La Porte is out for any length of time this issue would be exacerbated if we ended up with 4 right footed defenders.

Quite true.
I’ve actually thought at times we’ve had too many left footed players amongst the front six when it’s come to finishing off some of our chances, but that’s a different point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.