Do you remember the first City game you ever attended.

City 2 Spurs 1 August 1985 , City went off and come back out in Black and Red kit

City 2 Spurs 1 August 1985 , City went off and come back out in Black and Red kit
Afternoon All.. Long time lurker, have been meaning to sign up for a while, thought I'd dip my toe in.. First game LC semi 2nd leg against Middlesbro' 1976..won 4-0. Dad took me it was amazing, remember walking up the Kippax steps and seeing the rain glistening in the floodlights, the grass was the greenest green I've ever seen.. Can't beat a midweek week match under the lights...

Vs Stoke Good Friday 1 April 1972. Lost 1-2. It was shortly after we signed Rodney Marsh. Lost again to Southampton on Easter Monday and ended up losing the league to Derby by a point which a lot of people put down to Marsh’s signing. I was on an Easter trip from Dublin with my U12 team. I remember City’s goal but not much else.

Boxing day 1968 lost 1-3 to the blue dippers who included Labone Kendall Harvey and Ball.Remember being passed down to the front and was right by Glynn Pardoe as he took a throw in made my day

My first match was against the rags at OT. I was a little kid, I remember very little about it but the history forum tells me it was in Feb '55. What I do remember is that I went with my dad and uncles and I think it was an evening match, though in those days it would have been dark by kick off time anyway in the afternoon in February. My dad and uncles were pretty worried all through the first half so I suspect we were having the worse of it, though we scored shortly before half time I think and the history forum confirms Paddy Fagan got the goal. It still made half time pretty tense but the mood changed completely in the second half as my family did a lot of cheering. I remember everyone was laughing, joking and high as kites on the way home because we'd won 5-0.

These are memories from a childhood now well over 60 years ago. I have tried to find out more about this match, but it seems to have been expunged from history. Only the history forum gives any detail at all, so if there is anyone who can help jog my memory I'd be very grateful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.