Would You Keep Fern At Centre Half.....

The depressing thing about these scenarios is they are VERY likely.
We've got to have some trust in the club.. I'm sure they would have calculated all the injury scenarios regarding first team players. We did look at Maguire but at £80+ million can understand why we swerved him and although it's only early doors, from what I've seen he's not pulling up many trees..
We will have a back up plan and i'm sure we will be OK. Just hope Eric's injury is not too serious..

There'll be games where it works and he should play if need be. But they'll be the occasional game where we find ourselves on the back foot against a physical side where his lack of height and size would restrict him (like United away in 17/18).

He's still a top midfielder though and there would be plenty of games where you'd want him there. I'm sure the coaching team would have planned for something like this when they opted against buying a new centre back.

We also have two very good centre backs in Stones and Otamendi; the main pairing of a team that made 100 points in the league remember.
On another note, the continued underrating of Otamendi is disappointing, especially after all this time.

Barca had Mascherano at CB for two CL wins if i remember right, im sure Fern will be fine when called on. Maybe a slight weakness at setpieces but Rodri is extra help in that regard.

No. Stones centre half or Walker if Stones is injured and Cancelo to RB. Fern doing what he does best and protecting them when required.

Fern in front of Walker, every time. Walker goes to sleep too much, for me. He's not one to concentrate if he's not seeing the ball.
His pace gets him out of a bit of trouble. In front of goal, that doesn't always help.

Otter and Stones first choice. If Stones can stay fit a run of games may help him turn into the defender we thought we were getting.
Fernandinho and García to rotate in for “lesser” games.
Kyle as fifth choice if needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.