Var debate 2019/20

I think it falls outside a bookable dive, as he did get a push (which he was also clearly anticipating).
He stepped late into the defender's path to engineer it. I think the ref got it right.
It was a dive in real time, slo-mo and super slo mo. He 'engineers' this kind of thin in every game he plays and has been called out on it by pundits and players alike. Just because his dive happens to see him hit the defender on his way down does not make it anyhting less than a triple salco with twist.

Sent this to Sky Sports last night as a complaint about Ref Watch. Will watch and see if Dermot is made to squirm.

Since the introduction of VAR in the Premier League this season I have watched Dermot Gallagher escape from being challenged properly by the presenters who have allowed Dermot to justify poor refereeing decisions and subsequent failure by VAR to intervene.

I distinctly recall Dermot's defence of the decision by VAR to disallow Gabriel Jesus's goal for Man City v Spurs when it allegedly brushed Laporte's arm as he challenged for a header.

Dermot pointed to a graphic that sky sports had on screen stating " the following handball situations, even if accidental, will be a free kick...the ball goes into the goal after touching an attacking player's hand/arm."

Dermot's exact words were " I..I don't understand what the confusion is because that is quite clear (pointing to the Sky graphic), We saw it the week before, we explained it, I..I..I think it's quite clear, it might not be what we like but it's there, and it's there, it's there for the rest of the season at least because they will never change it mid season, I can't see that happening, but what I will say, it's consistent, because it's no longer a matter of opinion, it's no longer subjective, the referee each week will make the same decision."

Please remind Dermot of his own words on ref watch tomorrow and ask him why the Newcastle goal against Watford on Saturday was allowed to stand after an obvious handball, when he himself states the handball rule is clear, it's consistent, it's no longer subjective, it's no longer a matter of opinion and the referee each week will make the same decision.

So who are the ones that are confused Dermot, is it those subject to the laws or those applying the laws?

Sent this to Sky Sports last night as a complaint about Ref Watch. Will watch and see if Dermot is made to squirm.

Since the introduction of VAR in the Premier League this season I have watched Dermot Gallagher escape from being challenged properly by the presenters who have allowed Dermot to justify poor refereeing decisions and subsequent failure by VAR to intervene.

I distinctly recall Dermot's defence of the decision by VAR to disallow Gabriel Jesus's goal for Man City v Spurs when it allegedly brushed Laporte's arm as he challenged for a header.

Dermot pointed to a graphic that sky sports had on screen stating " the following handball situations, even if accidental, will be a free kick...the ball goes into the goal after touching an attacking player's hand/arm."

Dermot's exact words were " I..I don't understand what the confusion is because that is quite clear (pointing to the Sky graphic), We saw it the week before, we explained it, I..I..I think it's quite clear, it might not be what we like but it's there, and it's there, it's there for the rest of the season at least because they will never change it mid season, I can't see that happening, but what I will say, it's consistent, because it's no longer a matter of opinion, it's no longer subjective, the referee each week will make the same decision."

Please remind Dermot of his own words on ref watch tomorrow and ask him why the Newcastle goal against Watford on Saturday was allowed to stand after an obvious handball, when he himself states the handball rule is clear, it's consistent, it's no longer subjective, it's no longer a matter of opinion and the referee each week will make the same decision.

So who are the ones that are confused Dermot, is it those subject to the laws or those applying the laws?

Good shout,

However he will just say

"It(VAR) is not perfect, we never said it was. The referee couldn't be expected to see, and the var didn't pick it up. In fact I didn't see it, and no-one saw it at the time."

And it was not Manchester City fc anyway.

My idea for straight reds for diving in the box would've seen Kane sent off.
Something sad about seeing the England captain blatantly cheating.
It’s more his comments afterwards essentially justifying it, saying he knew the defender was tired so stepped across him to force the challenge. I thought he had purposefully instigated the incident last week when the defender fell over and Kane fell over him, I gave him the benefit of the doubt on that occasion and said it could have gone either way because it was difficult to tell.

Now he’s told us all he’s a cheating cúnt I think he should be banned for trying to deceive the referee on two occasions now.

I know people will say he’s justified and if the defender makes an error/challenge he’s got every right to go down but that’s cheating in my book. We know players do it but it doesn’t make it right.

Dermot Gallagher trying to convince us Tieleman’s assault wasn’t a red card, justifying it by saying some people reckon it was and some reckon it wasn’t. Fuck off Dermot the cúnt nearly snapped his fucking leg in two you silly twat.

He was right in saying Harry Kane is a diving cúnt though.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.