Var debate 2019/20

I don't subscribe to the bent against City theory but I am struggling to see how VAR spots our handball but not Newcastle's. Dermot shrugging and saying Var just missed Newcastle's handball actually made me want to punch him in the face!

I’ll do what I like thanks
It’s your choice but if you are fucking the game off why bother? I used to like horse racing but apart from the Cheltenham festival it now has no interest for me and I don’t watch, listen or read about it. If you are really binning football just do that, you will be a lot happier if the game makes you feel so bad.

Dermot on the Newcastle goal - "It didn't get picked up, whether it's eh'm because they were trying to keep the game flowing, do it as quickly as possible, whether it be they didn't have that angle we've got here, I don't know".

It's a fucking goal Dermot, they don't need to keep the fucking game flowing, there is a fucking VAR check after every goal and fucking YES they have every fucking angle you corrupt fucking bastards.

We would have been top of the league with 18 straight wins if it wasn't for these clowns and they are continuing to get away with it.

So keeping the game flowing is more important than getting the correct decision, great let's get rid of VAR!

I don't subscribe to the bent against City theory but I am struggling to see how VAR spots our handball but not Newcastle's. Dermot shrugging and saying Var just missed Newcastle's handball actually made me want to punch him in the face!
Has it actually been confirmed that VAR missed the Newcastle “handball” rather than the VAR official interpreting the handball law differently?

It’s your choice but if you are fucking the game off why bother? I used to like horse racing but apart from the Cheltenham festival it now has no interest for me and I don’t watch, listen or read about it. If you are really binning football just do that, you will be a lot happier if the game makes you feel so bad.
I won’t set foot in another ground while VAR is in operation but while there’s a glimmer of hope that it will be scrapped I will hang around , a bit like a drug addict it’s hard after 40years to give up but i’ll Ween myself off football altogether eventually.

Has it actually been confirmed that VAR missed the Newcastle “handball” rather than the VAR official interpreting the handball law differently?
He’s trying to say they missed it , trying to snake out of the truth , damage limitation exercise if you ask me .

Maybe. I still think the biggest talking point should be the Newcastle goal. Exactly thane same as the goals disallowed for City and Wolves. Have they starting using the real wording of the law (in which case all 3 should have stood)?

It’s the wall of silence from all concerned that’s worrying. That and not ONE decision overturned.
Someone else will have mentioned this but not one decision has been atleast been reviewed using the pitch side monitor in 40 Premier League games now - in this instance, technology has been provided that is not being utilised.

I won’t set foot in another ground while VAR is in operation but while there’s a glimmer of hope that it will be scrapped I will hang around , a bit like a drug addict it’s hard after 40years to give up but i’ll Ween myself off football altogether eventually.
Turning your back on a Club that has transformed English football with a fantastic owner, a brilliant back room, a tactically astute Manager who is the the best ever and a set of players so together without a sniff of controversy, and you are so pissed off with a corrupt refereeing system? It’s what the fuckers want, the rest of us will stick together and despite being discriminated against we will win in the end. I was gutted after both Spurs games but these twats won’t make me turn my back on the Club I’ve supported for over 50 years.

Hate to say this but Martin Samuel made a good point this morning on SS. He pointed out that VAR is definitely failing to addressing the outrageous decisions everyone wanted it brought in to sanitize, rather, it is harming the game by highlighting incidents, SO INSIGNIFICANT NO-ONE EVEN KNEW WERE HAPPENING and would never know if it wasn't for the VAR technology, to disallow fantastic goals and thereby seriously detract from the game as the spectacle we all love. My thoughts exactly! Imo, it's analogous to a chimpanzee's been given an iPad! It needs to be addressed asap. Even worse than Samuel, Martin (extremely irritating) Tyler suggested, [because of how the powers that be are implementing it], VAR "...is taking away more than it is bringing...". Couldn't agree more.
Don't disagree but f#ck Tyler ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.