Var debate 2019/20

4th game of the season out of the way, and yes there are still controversies, but more decisions are right than last season I'm pretty certain of that. I thought it would be MORE controversial than this due to the ref's stopping the game too much. But they've let the games flow ok, and diving seems to be really cracked down on.

I'd like to see more pitchside use of the monitors but understand we'd be getting out of the ground on a 3pm kick-off at 5.30pm if it was used like that in a top 4 match. :S
Lol

I think they're going to decide on using screens for the refs when we come back from the break.

It's not sustainable as it is at the moment and my god if LFC are hit by this shit there will be a meltdown starting with their pundits - spreading to their neutral pundit m8s and the newspapers that support Liverpool

only hit with it when result is forgone conclusion, see look its fair

4th game of the season out of the way, and yes there are still controversies, but more decisions are right than last season I'm pretty certain of that. I thought it would be MORE controversial than this due to the ref's stopping the game too much. But they've let the games flow ok, and diving seems to be really cracked down on.

I'd like to see more pitchside use of the monitors but understand we'd be getting out of the ground on a 3pm kick-off at 5.30pm if it was used like that in a top 4 match. :S
I completely disagree that more decisions are right than last season. If anything VAR is highlighting errors even more. From this weekend we have Tielemans red card, handball in the Newcastle goal, Villa's equaliser (where the FA lied about the whistle) and Haller's blatant pen all reviewed and all not given. If anything its worse than last season as now they cant claim not to of seen them so its either corrupt or completely inept officiating.

I completely disagree that more decisions are right than last season. If anything VAR is highlighting errors even more. From this weekend we have Tielemans red card, handball in the Newcastle goal, Villa's equaliser (where the FA lied about the whistle) and Haller's blatant pen all reviewed and all not given. If anything its worse than last season as now they cant claim not to of seen them so its either corrupt or completely inept officiating.

Out of interest, why do you think the FA lied about the ref's whistle in the Villa incident?

Inept refereeing is the top cause still. Whether that be on the pitch or in Stockley Park. Someone said at the weekend the refereeing association need to admit they make mistakes before they can move forward. If used right, VAR can actually be a good tool to weed out the weaker referees'.

I think I still stand by opinion that it's getting more decisisons correct, the fact it's involved already shows there was a lot missed. Not saying it's perfect but it's got capability to be better. Our penalty miss for example. Encroachment would never have been given last season, but it ruled in favour this term.

Dermot on the Newcastle goal - "It didn't get picked up, whether it's eh'm because they were trying to keep the game flowing, do it as quickly as possible, whether it be they didn't have that angle we've got here, I don't know".

It's a fucking goal Dermot, they don't need to keep the fucking game flowing, there is a fucking VAR check after every goal and fucking YES they have every fucking angle you corrupt fucking bastards.

We would have been top of the league with 18 straight wins if it wasn't for these clowns and they are continuing to get away with it.
You will never see a goal like the one Jesus scored chalked off ever again. It was a fair goal under the IFAB rules (as has been stressed repeatedly since) and so was the Newcastle one at the weekend. The Newcastle player who deflected it did not control the ball with his hand and neither did Laporte. All the stuff about the new handball rules and they way they are allegedly interpreted here was just a smokescreen made up on the hoof by Mike Riley and his pals and the only person in the media who has called this out is Martin Samuel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.