Would You Keep Fern At Centre Half.....

Missing Laporte will further test the frailties of Zinchenko's LB defensive duty and it's a concern, especially when Otamendi lunges in with rash challenges that he'll no doubt be doing when trying to cover space for Zinks. As for Mendy, great going forward when fit but he's hardly ever fit. And he(like Zinks) goes AWOL in defence. LB was a problem we thought we'd sorted when Mendy signed. Angelino looks too raw to be trusted thus far based on his pre season games. We still have a LB problem, moreso now Laporte cannot cover LB void for.

I can't even remember what Mendy is like in defence, if I'm honest. At least with his pace he should be able to make up ground like Walker can on the other side, but who knows what that is like after the injury. Laporte's injury does feel like it could have an impact on the whole balance of the team.

I can't even remember what Mendy is like in defence, if I'm honest. At least with his pace he should be able to make up ground like Walker can on the other side, but who knows what that is like after the injury. Laporte's injury does feel like it could have an impact on the whole balance of the team.
As a winger(LWB) Mendy has convinced when fit. I'm yet to see his defensive duties to be convinced enough to say.

No. Stones centre half or Walker if Stones is injured and Cancelo to RB. Fern doing what he does best and protecting them when required.
The thought of Walker at CB gives me palpitations. He is a bit of a bull in a china shop. Would far rather have dinho for his playmaking ability and intelligence.

As a winger(LWB) Mendy has convinced when fit. I'm yet to see his defensive duties to be convinced enough to say.
He defended very well at Dipperpool, ok agaist the Rags last season but was less than convincing most of the rest of the time. Unless he gets a serious run of games
without getting injured we may never find out.

The thought of Walker at CB gives me palpitations. He is a bit of a bull in a china shop. Would far rather have dinho for his playmaking ability and intelligence.
Think Walker would come in as part of a three. I would imagine he would only be played CB in an emergency otherwise.

I can't help thinking that Rodri would do a fantastic job at the back. He has the physical presence and a great footballing brain. Ferni and Gundo can be DMs and the side retains it's natural balance.
Also, whatever happened to that midfielder Hughes signed all those years ago; he quickly got moved to centre-back? ... I think his name was Vincent ... ;-)

I can't help thinking that Rodri would do a fantastic job at the back. He has the physical presence and a great footballing brain. Ferni and Gundo can be DMs and the side retains it's natural balance.
Also, whatever happened to that midfielder Hughes signed all those years ago; he quickly got moved to centre-back? ... I think his name was Vincent ... ;-)
Rodri as a makeshift CB, makes sense to me. I wouldn't be surprised if Pep is trying him out there in training matches.

Pretty crap. We got rid of him to a Belgian club. He never won much when he was with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.