Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, there's just something different with the Laporte situation. He is by far our best defender and makes the entire back four stable. I'm afraid we would look a bit lost without him, just as Liverpool would without Van Dijk. They are equally important for both teams.
De Bruyne is an exceptional midfielder but we have so much quality in the midfeld his absence was barely noticable. Bernardo, David, Gundogan would all be starters in any top team in Europe and Bernardo was a star last season. Zinchenko has done a good job covering for Mendy, but losing a centre-back – the heart of the defense - is a different story.

I hope the rumours of four weeks out is true. Still weird they haven't communicated anything. Surely they must know by now what's wrong with his knee.
Nope, the Mendy situation at the time was as big a problem as the potential long term absence of Eric could be as we only had injury prone midfielder Delphinio to step in.

Considering all this time without making a statement I'm starting to feel it's much worse than we think. I just hope it's not career-ending...
The collision at full speed was much worse than Sané and Mendy.

Haha, nothing like being dramatic:)

It's quite normal for knee injuries to result in swelling, for us to be awaiting news 48 hours later is nothing unusual.

Considering all this time without making a statement I'm starting to feel it's much worse than we think. I just hope it's not career-ending...
The collision at full speed was much worse than Sané and Mendy.
Career ending, fcuks sake!
There isn't necessarily a correlation between how bad it looks and how long it takes to recover.

The time taken before we have a decision is normal. There is usually a time allowed for any swelling to subside. Stop panicking everyone. We have plenty of backups.

Nope, the Mendy situation at the time was as big a problem as the potential long term absence of Eric could be as we only had injury prone midfielder Delphinio to step in.

Still, I'm worried about this much more than I was about Mendy's. Hoping for the best. Very unlucky.

And Danilo? I still consider Laportes potential long term absence more serious than Mendy's. The kind of stability he brings to the team cannot be found elsewhere. He is just as unique and important as Ederson is.

Haha, nothing like being dramatic:)

It's quite normal for knee injuries to result in swelling, for us to be awaiting news 48 hours later is nothing unusual.

Yeah maybe. Trust me though, I'm not a fan of drama! But it's not like career threatening injuries hasn't occured in football before. I think Laporte has hurt his knee(s) badly twice before this.

Career ending, fcuks sake!
There isn't necessarily a correlation between how bad it looks and how long it takes to recover.

Calm down, it's not like I want it to be true...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.