Ederson - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with above comments, his only weakness is his 6'2" height, ideally I wish he was a few inches taller, with a longer reach he might have just have kept out that superb free kick on Saturday, or stand a better chance saving penalties?

Having said that I still wouldn't swap him for anyone in the PL, just being a little nit picking ;-)

Height an penalty saving is not related IMO.

This is by no means a scientific study, but one of the best keepers vs. penalties recently has been Diego Alves the former Valencia keeper. He is the same height as Ederson and has saved 46% of penalties he's faced, at one point it was about 50%. The best penalty saver in premier league history is Dmitri Karine, who saved 45% (5/11) playing for Chelsea - also Ederson's height.

Maybe it's like penalty takers, some are just good at them, some aren't. Maybe it's coaching though, or maybe he's predictable and other clubs have figured him out.

Height an penalty saving is not related IMO.

This is by no means a scientific study, but one of the best keepers vs. penalties recently has been Diego Alves the former Valencia keeper. He is the same height as Ederson and has saved 46% of penalties he's faced, at one point it was about 50%. The best penalty saver in premier league history is Dmitri Karine, who saved 45% (5/11) playing for Chelsea - also Ederson's height.

Maybe it's like penalty takers, some are just good at them, some aren't. Maybe it's coaching though, or maybe he's predictable and other clubs have figured him out.
It's very difficult to make a true comparison there are so many variables.

However from the 2 penalty shootouts we had in the EFL last season, Muric actually performed better than Ederson.
Against Leicester They missed one penalty but Muric saved 2 penalties.
Against Chelsea they missed one but Ederson didn't actually save any.
I love Ederson and he's a better overall keeper than Muric, but I know who I would rather face in nets in a shootout.

IMO all other things being equal it's more of an advantage for a keeper to be taller than shorter for a penalty.

Alisson wouldn't make City's bench.
Brazil won't ever drop Alisson for Ederson because they'd have to retrain the other 10 players and they don't have the time to do that.
Alisson's the easy option.

Alisson wouldn't make City's bench.
Brazil won't ever drop Alisson for Ederson because they'd have to retrain the other 10 players and they don't have the time to do that.
Alisson's the easy option.
Eddy is bloody fantastic. I watch him receiving the ball and casually passing it from side to side in 6 yard passes with the away team's forwards steaming in on him and think ffs my heart can't take much more of this.. get rid! then it works out and were down the other end banging one in within 25 seconds! haha..
Wouldn't swap him for anyone..

Eddy is bloody fantastic. I watch him receiving the ball and casually passing it from side to side in 6 yard passes with the away team's forwards steaming in on him and think ffs my heart can't take much more of this.. get rid! then it works out and were down the other end banging one in within 25 seconds! haha..
Wouldn't swap him for anyone..

He's in a category of one, is Eddy. He's got no chance of winning that bullshit award but I don't suppose he cares. Judging by the photograph, they've already made their minds up.

Some interesting analysis here on Ederson having made several (5) massive saves this season, more than making up for the Lamela goal.

Ederson on possibly taking a penalty in the 5-0 win over Swansea at the Etihad in 2018: "We won 5-0, and the crowd was asking for me to take the penalty. In the mixed zone I was asked and said that I had wanted to take it. Guardiola was p***** off!" [via @MailSport]

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.