'This City is Ours' song

Plenty of noted Blues down in London. Lots of industry here hence the attractive jobs.

Daft stereotype. I’ve been here on and off since 2005 and know just a handful of Cockney reds. Loads of West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs etc.

Sure I read on here recently that the “City City the best team in the land and all the world’’ tune was taken from the 60s film The Viking’s

I stand to be corrected but I think this is what happened

The tune was first heard on the Kippax when a lad turned up with a bugle and played the Vikings tune
The chant followed this a few years later

The tune was first heard on the Kippax when a lad turned up with a bugle and played the Vikings tune
I always find it so ironic that we've been singing it for at least 20 years, and we were absolute bobbins at the time... crazy that it may just be true these days

Crazy really, maybe it's out of our hands.
The bigger picture maybe not yet unveiled.
Anyone know the bugle player, he may know more.

How did he get a bugle past Showsec ? :-)

The "Best Team In The Land" song didn't contain the words "best team in the land and all the world" for a long time. Back in the 80s it was just "City! City! Na na na nana na na na naaaah"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.