Opening Up The Family (North) Stand To Everyone Has Worked

I don't think we need a family stand. Simple solution - make all parts of the ground cheaper for families. Dilute them throughout the ground. Maybe have one specific singing end which is aimed at your typical, hardcore type fan. But to put a 'family stand' label on a certain part of the ground only encourages fans to sit back, relax and expect other supporters to do the heavy lifting with the atmosphere!

Agreed, i dont think a family stand is required as this deems that part of the ground as allocated to that type of fan whereas all parts of the stadium should accessible for all. There are plenty of kids and families currently around the ground. I know the club have had some events in the concourse of the north stand in the past for kids but i dont think is needed. they have the kids zone in the CFA then the kids can go sit anywhere they want.

I do agree that the 1894 lads should keep block 115 for standing, singing and Flags/banners. This should generally be aimed towards over 16s.

It’s normally the colder months and midweek games where you would notice more seats. Hard to say after an August 3pm kickoff.

When did this change happen?

I have had a season ticket in Block 232, which appears to part of the Family Stand, since 2013. I initially bought one season ticket then and added a second for my partner a couple of years later. The issue of the stand being restricted to those with children never arose. People around me have been threatened with having to move because their children were now over-age. None of them appear to have been removed apart from one guy who left with his son to get a £299 tickets in the South Stand.

I don't think we need a family stand. Simple solution - make all parts of the ground cheaper for families. Dilute them throughout the ground. Maybe have one specific singing end which is aimed at your typical, hardcore type fan. But to put a 'family stand' label on a certain part of the ground only encourages fans to sit back, relax and expect other supporters to do the heavy lifting with the atmosphere!
Would you be happy sat next to a bloke and his youngster
Ruining your match day experience kicking your seat all game going for food, toilets etc every 5 mins. Knowing the dad had paid £10 less than you.??

Would you be happy sat next to a bloke and his youngster
Ruining your match day experience kicking your seat all game going for food, toilets etc every 5 mins. Knowing the dad had paid £10 less than you.??

I suppose it’s better than some fat arse ruining your match day experience, kicking your seat all game, coming in from the bar late, going for a pint 5 mins before half time, coming back from the bar after HT late...

Level 2 of the North Stand will become the family focused part of the stadium. This makes sense.

North Stand Level 1 will officially return to being available to any seasoncard member or match day attender.

The idea behind the `Family Stand` was a good one. It was simply too big hence the intention, in light of experience and review, to concentrate `family` groups in Level 2.

We are the North Stand. The entire and full Level 1 will be so much better for this.

FootballSense, A moment ago Edit Delete Report Send Private Message
Just level 2 is nowhere near big enough just for families.

Level 2 does have sufficient capacity for those families who want to sit in the North Stand and enjoy a prime position. This will still be better provision than at any other football stadium.

Other families may choose to sit elsewhere in the stadium. It is open access. They will simply have to pay the going rate. It is a matter of choice.

Level 2 does have sufficient capacity for those families who want to sit in the North Stand and enjoy a prime position. This will still be better provision than at any other football stadium.

Other families may choose to sit elsewhere in the stadium. It is open access. They will simply have to pay the going rate. It is a matter of choice.
Most young kids want to be close to the pitch and see the players up close also the “entertainment “at half time for them is pitch side . Then you also have the mascots walking along the front so they can have pics taken with them . Moving the family stand to level 2 isn’t a good idea for families in my opinion.
If you look around most stadiums that have family areas I think you will find most are on level 1 but just not the size of the North stand, so why not just reduce the size of it .
And from a personal point my family sit in level 2 and have since the move to the stadium and will have to move along with hundreds of others who now don’t have kids young enough , it will be interesting to see where they relocate us to .

There are no solutions that will suit everyone. Each will have an opinion, usually based on their own individual circumstances and how it will affect them.

I grew up watching City sat on a barrier in The Kippax or occasionally sat on one of the wide tunnels or right at the back stood against the rear `wall` of the stand. It was magical. The Toffee Lady from Everton was the nearest we got to `entertainment` or Big Mal coming on before the derby with high 5`s.

My understanding is that the Club, based on feedback from fans across all sections of our support, want to improve the perception of unoccupied seats on too many occasions in Level 1 of the North Stand, either because they have not be taken up or have been vacated early, for what ever the reasons. I do not want to re-open that debate which has been well rehearsed before.

In my view, there is a place and price for anyone who wants to watch City with different offers and opportunities across all competitions. Like anything in life,some will be able to afford more than others. City though have always been very good with youngsters from the early days of the Junior Blues to present day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.