Var debate 2019/20

Exactly mate, the Newcastle one is clear as day. It’s not intentional at all as it comes off the defenders head on to his arm, however it then falls directly to the Newcastle player to score. Dermot tried claiming it wasn’t visible in real-time and from the camera angles VAR saw and that they weren’t “looking for handball”, absolute bollocks. Laporte’s wasn’t visible in real-time and I’ve still not seen conclusive proof it even hit Laporte’s arm/hand.

It’s as clear proof as anyone could ever wish to see of corruption in the game.

That's true as well; I still haven't actually seen a clear decisive shot of the ball hitting Laporte's arm, I've just assumed it did as it looks like it must have & they said it did.

But in cricket for example, without the actual conclusive shot, they wouldn't overturn the original decision.

Add to that the fact it didn't actually 'control' the ball, go to a City player or lead to a direct scoring opportunity anyhow.

It's a fucking stitch up & we've been docked two points.

That's true as well; I still haven't actually seen a clear decisive shot of the ball hitting Laporte's arm, I've just assumed it did as it looks like it must have & they said it did.

But in cricket for example, without the actual conclusive shot, they wouldn't overturn the original decision.

Add to that the fact it didn't actually 'control' the ball, go to a City player or lead to a direct scoring opportunity anyhow.

It's a fucking stitch up & we've been docked two points.

Come on, guys, they've got to give the Dippers a bit of daylight! They're gonna go through the season with ne'er a blip now! Season's over!

VAR is similar to FFP in that both started out with good intentions but then became a tool of corruption.

The problem with both is that in justifying their use in handicapping City, a monster totally outside their control, the authorities now have to proceed with the charade, pretending that the rules are evenly applied and it has become obvious to most observers that they aren't.

The net result is that new rules have to be introduced to amend practices that have evolved over 100 years. So City can't invest as others have, so a ball that "hits" a City player's arm unintentionally can be used as an excuse to deduct points. The authorities than tie themselves in knots amending rules, fiddling with rules, departing from rules and generally performing contortions to justify themselves.

In the end, it's about the money. And the one constant in this is that Liverpool will continue to get dubious penalties and offside goals and neither they nor Manchester United will ever, in a million years, have a goal disallowed like we did.

This may have already have been asked but does each ground have the same number of camera angles for the var official to look at? I.e Bournemouth compared to us at the Etihad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.