Would You Keep Fern At Centre Half.....

I think we may see a change in shape due to this injury.

3-5-2 or 5-3-2 whichever way you look at it.

three CB's - Choice from Stones or walker with Otta and Fern

RW/RWB - Cancelo/Bernardo

LW/LWB - Mendy/Zinch

CM - Rodri, Gundo, Bernardo, Silva KDB, Mahrez

ST - Jesus, Aguero, Sterlin

Especially in some of the tight games when have a back four or Walker Otta Fern and Zin might need a bit more protection.

Could see him line up with Fern and Rodri in CM with Fern dropping back into a back 3 and the wing backs pushing on

not worried about Fern playing CB against the likes of Brighton ETC (no disrespect)
A bit of luck you can add Mendy to the list.
A better option than Zinchenko defence attacking and speed wise.

I think we may see a change in shape due to this injury.

3-5-2 or 5-3-2 whichever way you look at it.

three CB's - Choice from Stones or walker with Otta and Fern

RW/RWB - Cancelo/Bernardo

LW/LWB - Mendy/Zinch

CM - Rodri, Gundo, Bernardo, Silva KDB, Mahrez

ST - Jesus, Aguero, Sterlin

Especially in some of the tight games when have a back four or Walker Otta Fern and Zin might need a bit more protection.

Could see him line up with Fern and Rodri in CM with Fern dropping back into a back 3 and the wing backs pushing on

not worried about Fern playing CB against the likes of Brighton ETC (no disrespect)
The problem with the three centre back options is that none of the available centre backs are comfortable of playing on the left side of a three. Pep effectively abandoned it in 2017 after the Everton draw, when Stones, otamendi and Kompany all had a go during the course of the match but looked like fishes out of water. Since then he’s stressed the importance of having a left sided centre back, which is far more important when the centre back on the left also has to cover the left flank.

Think Rodri looks the better fit (taller, great at playing from the back) at CB, but Fernandinho could be the Mascherano & Rodri the Busquets. I think we'll see some rotation in the next few games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.